Hello,

I currently do HPDE and Time Trials in a 2012 Porsche Cayman R. Great car, really fantastic on the track; however, it is really expensive to run and should I lose a motor or gearbox, we are looking at $25k and $16k respectively. Upgrades are very costly too. Consumables are likewise expensive. I've always loved Cobra's and always had it in my mind that I would have a Cobra someday. Seems this might be the time to consider the switch.

A few questions:

If I were to go down this route, I had it in my mind that I would build vs. buy an already built kit. However, there are number of completed cars with compelling specs that are worth considering. When looking at an older Challenge car, what is the difference in Mk1,2, or 3 compared to the Mk4 Challenge car currently offered from FF? Is the space frame/chassis itself different or are there parts that can back dated to the older cars?

As the actual Challenge series appears defunct (at least here on the West Coast), I am not necessarily interested in running the spec 5.0, but would probably look at something like a Coyote 5.0. I realize 'anything' is possible, but how hard is it to put a Coyote motor into a Challenge car chassis? I've seen a video online where a Coyote was put into a Mk4 roadster, but presumably the kit was ordered with that motor in mind.

Any other thoughts/input/advice is most welcome.

Best,
DJM