Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The 2018 Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award - Time to Nominate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The 2018 Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award - Time to Nominate!

It's time to nominate for the 10th Annual Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Racing Legacy Award!

Note: There is a new nomination method, a survey form with a link at the bottom.

Background on the award from Factory Five:

Factory Five Racing is proud to announce the ‘Annual Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award.

Each year, nominations will be accepted from the Factory Five community for those individuals who completely embrace the giving spirit and helpful way of Robert Feddersen and many other Factory Five community members across the nation and around the world. Roberts kind heart will always be remembered through this award and help remind us to give what we can to help others."

The past winners are:

2009 - Greg Marsh
    2010 - Paul Mastroianni
    2011 - Karen Salvaggio
    2012 - David Hodgkins
    2013 - Don Vaught
    2014 - Sean Lamontagne
    2015 - Frank Maslowski
    2016 - Wade Chamberlain
    2017 - Paul Borror

So having said that, please nominate those people that you feel had the "way above and beyond, helping, giving spirit and brotherhood" that Robert (as well as the past winners of this award) have shown.

Please use the Nomination Form below:

NOMINATION FORM

Please enter the person's name and possibly the screen name here on here or 'the other place'. Most importantly, please write in as much detail as you think will be helpful why the person would be a great choice.

Nominations will be accepted until midnight on Saturday, March 3rd.

Since the FFR Open House is not going to run this year, this year's winner will be announced at the Huntington Beach event.

David Hodgkins and the factoryfiveforum.com have announced that they're going to run a small fundraiser to collect enough money to fly the winner out to California to be there to accept the trophy in person. If the winner happens to live in the Socal area, the proceeds will be dontated to Team Jenny. Dave will have more information on that ASAP.

I'm going to be cross-posting this on both this board and 'the other place' to make sure everyone has the chance to nominate the person they feel so strongly about.

Thanks!

Randy and the selection committee.

Robert, I really miss you man

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

"There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!"

Post Thanks / Like
    There are always a lot of names floating around my head, of people in my life that deserve special recognition. Many of those people I hold very dear to my heart. Some of those people have been mentioned in the past and even some have been recipients. I could easily make a list, as long as my arm, of those I think are deserving. However, some of those people are not active members here on the forum or in the Nationwide spotlight and would not be recognized if named. It by no means that these persons are not deserving, it simply means they are not as widely know. With that said, I would like to nominate the one man I know that has been one of the most giving of his time for very many years and has somehow been runner up far too many times. Don't get me wrong, he has been recognized in the past but not for the one Factory Five Racing honor that this award is all about. The selfless giving of his time, over and over again, has not gone unnoticed by many of us. Just a couple of years ago, I got that call. The one that said "you're this years recipient". That same year, I wrote a rather lengthy plea to the nominating committee pointing out all of the acts of kindness and selfless giving of time this forum member seems to do on almost a daily basis.

I would like to nominate Jeff Kleiner.

Let me tell you a little about Jeff, First off Jeff does build and repair Factory Five Racing cars for other members here. He does this as a hobby, on the side of his normal work as a Contractor. Jeff does make money doing this, but that should not preclude his nomination. Quite the opposite. It's the kind of people like Jeff who doesn't look at the next question asked on the forum as an opportunity to make money off of that question. I routinely see Jeff on the forum answering questions and sharing his advise on almost a daily basis, sometimes almost hourly depending upon the difficulty the questioning member may pose. Jeff and I have know each other through the forum for a great many years. We however didn't meet in person until 2 years ago. It was during this time that I really got to see, for myself, just how genuine and selfless Jeff is. The nomination process was in full swing and the number of people writing testimonials for Jeff seemed endless. I'm not exactly know for my "friendly demeanor" and unbeknownst to me a number of my friends had pleaded with the nominating committee to consider me as a recipient for the Fedderson award. Turns out, I was one of those who wrote a testimonial for Jeff that year and I was later told that the words I wrote pushed the nominating committee towards my favor. I ended up being the recipient of the 2015 Robert Fedderson award. Talk about guilt? Unexpected but greatly appreciated. That day Jeff, as I previously mentioned, was at the Factory Five Open House and we met in person for the first time. After the awards for the day were handed out, Jeff was one of the first to shake my hand and tell me that the award was well deserved. We spent the afternoon, Jeff and I, celebrating with friends. What a great guy. Jeff and I remain great friend even today. I can think of no one more deserving of this award. I hope all of you, that Jeff has help in the past and will in the future, feel the same way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! Make sure and hit the nomination form here:

A cut and paste of what you wrote above is fine.

Thanks!

R

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi all,

This is just a quick reminder to think about who was instrumental in your build. Was there somebody who always seemed to end up in your garage at night or all day on a Saturday? One who was just as excited about dropping in your engine as you were? Was there somebody who helped you figure out turn signals and four way flashers? Or, one that just knew what part numbers or model/years to order for that spindle or brake caliper? It's those folks who represent the true meaning of the Robert Feddersen Legacy award.

We'd love to have your nomination here:

Nomination Form.

The deadline for this year is Saturday, March 3rd., 2018 at Midnight (ET)

Thanks!

Randy and the selection committee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just a few days left! Get those nominations in BY SATURDAY NIGHT!!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PLEASE hurry and get those nominations submitted. DEADLINE IS TOMORROW NIGHT!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi all,

Thank you so much for the nominations for this year's Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Racing Legacy Award. The nomination window is now closed and we look forward to announcing the winner at this years Huntington Beach event!

Randy (and the selection committee)