BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radiator fit question

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator fit question

I'm just about to order my cooling system components and had a couple of questions:

1. There seems to be some confusion on if AFCO still supplies the FFR radiator. The reason I ask is that Breeze has a note for their cooling EZePack Note: This configuration is for small block Ford engines and FFR AFCO radiators and is not for Coyote engine installations with the newer FFR sourced radiator. I would like to use this breeze pack, but does it fit the FFR radiator currently being offered (part#14031)? I am not going to use a coyote engine, but the note is a little confusing about the "newer" sourced radiator. I am assuming if I am using a sbf and the new FFR radiator, that the breeze shrouds would fit.

2. The FFR radiator dimensions are listed as 27.5 X 19. I found this "cobra kit car" AFCO radiator https://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-...or,275213.html that is listed as 27.5 X 22.5. Would this fit with the tank width being larger. Do you think the breeze shroud and mounts would still work? For the price it is being sold at, may be worth trying it out.

I plan on calling breeze when I get home from work to double check, but thought I would ask in case anyone has any ideas.

thanks,

-Andrew
    Mk IV base kit #9273 Delivered 1/29/2018
    3-link Moser 8.8 3.55
    TKO 600
    427w by Fordstrokers w/Holly sniper efi/hyperspark distro and ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my kit on 2/17 and I used the breeze shroud and it fit fine. When I asked them I was told the rads changed and all the new ones where AFCO and the shroud will fit. That how ever was a year ago. I suggest you call them, they great and will tell you what you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my complete kit with FFR radiator 1/6/18. I used the complete Breeze upper and lower mount kits. No issues. Great kit!
    MkIV complete kit #9259, Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Wilwoods x 4, many parts from Breeze, Forte, Russ's Garage and North Racecars
    17" Bullit style wheels, custom Kirkey seats, mid shift conversion, drop trunk, KRC power steering, Forte Hyd. clutch and slave, manual brakes
    overall build plan: build it to drive, not polish and black it out wherever possible, paint will be some shade of dark cherry

Post Thanks / Like
    The radiators for the Roadster and the Coupe (both the same now) are not from Afco. It's been like that for a couple years. Mark at Breeze has this shroud for the non-Afco radiator. http://www.breezeautomotive.com/deta...p?prod_id=1117. I liked the Afco radiators. They were nice pieces. The new ones appear to be imported so it's likely a price thing. The lower tube on the new one is angled, which actually makes the installation on the Roadster easier. I'd go with it. The EzePak Cool setup clearly has the Afco style shroud. Perhaps Mark would change for the other one. If you really need all those additional parts.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the rad clarification Edwardb. I was under the impression it was AFCO when I talked to Breeze, but again that was a year ago. I do remember that mine came in a unlabeled box so I had no clue who made it.

Post Thanks / Like
    received my kit on 8/17 and it has the AFCO radiator (angled inlet perpendicular outlet). I'm in the process of switching the 32204 shroud that I order from Breeze for the #32088.
    Mk4 #9165, Base Kit with lots of options, Delivery on 08/17/2017, Coyote, TKO600, 2015 IRS, 18" Halibrands, 12.99" Wilwoods

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrew, my complete kit was delivered 11 months ago and I bought the upper and lower breeze mounting kits and the breeze shroud about last July and all were a great fit. Any questions call breeze Mark will get you what you need
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick reply everyone. Seems like the consensus is that the FFR radiator is good to go as long as you get the appropriate breeze shroud and mounts.

For my second question, the link I posted shows what looks to be identical to the FFR one. Although I think the website has the radiator upside down. The width is identical and includes the angled inlet tube. I think I am going to have to order it for the price and see if it fits. The only downside is the no return policy for the sale pricing.

Anyone see anything obvious that would prevent it from fitting or using with the shroud/mounting kit?
    Last edited by Dagwoods; 02-21-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    3-link Moser 8.8 3.55
    TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you're right, it looks like it's upside down. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be compatable with the breeze items.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwoods View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply everyone. Seems like the consensus is that the FFR radiator is good to go as long as you get the appropriate breeze shroud and mounts.

For my second question, the link I posted shows what looks to be identical to the FFR one. Although I think the website has the radiator upside down. The width is identical and includes the angled inlet tube. I think I am going to have to order it for the price and see if it fits. The only downside is the no return policy for the sale pricing.

Anyone see anything obvious that would prevent it from fitting or using with the shroud/mounting kit?
    Agree that picture is upside down. Also agree that appears to be the same Afco radiator Factory Five used. I just measured the Afco in #8674. Matches the dimensions given. Just a wild guess, but I'd bet those are leftovers from Factory Five switching suppliers. I'd grab one.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    I just measured the Afco in #8674. Matches the dimensions given.
    Awesome. Thanks for checking that. I'm thinking you're correct on leftover supply. I found an archived page for their "factory five roadster radiator" that was no longer available, but showed an identical photo. I'll update if I find out anything more and/or run into any fitment issues.
    3-link Moser 8.8 3.55
    TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator arrived today and just wanted to put this thread to bed in case anyone else was on the fence about ordering. Was fairly confident after comments about it being leftover supply and the measurements taken by Edward. The receipt seems to agree and even calls it a Factory Five radiator.

radiator reciept.jpg
    3-link Moser 8.8 3.55
    TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to replace mine and used the new one, no issues. Call Mark at Breeze, you won’t be sorry.

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.