BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Minimum height clearance needed for the body and body buck

Post Thanks / Like

Minimum height clearance needed for the body and body buck

Guys, I cut out my body buck from the FFR manual. Does any one know what is the minimum height distance the body needs-
    What I mean is, can the stock body buck from FFR be cut down any shorter on the height that it is on the FFR drawings?
    I am running into a ceiling space constraint. I want to mount my body and buck above one of the garage doors-I have 34" inches from the ceiling to the top of the garage door-Right not my body buck measures 34 inches tall. Just wondering if I need all of the 34" or Does the body sit up from the bottom(floor) when mounted on the buck..

Thanks
    M

Post Thanks / Like
    Many builders have hung the body from their ceiling without any buck. I don’t see why you would need any more height than it would take to set it on the floor without scratching up the body or not use one at all. Just support it properly to not distort while hanging.
    MkIV complete kit #9259, Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Wilwoods x 4, many parts from Breeze, Forte, Russ's Garage and North Racecars
    17" Bullit style wheels, custom Kirkey seats, mid shift conversion, drop trunk, KRC power steering, Forte Hyd. clutch and slave, manual brakes
    overall build plan: build it to drive, not polish and black it out wherever possible, paint will be some shade of dark cherry

Post Thanks / Like
    M,
    The photo below shows the body on the plywood pieces made from the template. There are 9 inches of the endpiece extending below the body's lower edge.
    -Bruce

Buck.JPG
    FFR Roadster #9047 was delivered March 27th, 2017
    Buildsite: www.sunshinegaragemkiv.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BDHoneyman View Post
    M,
    The photo below shows the body on the plywood pieces made from the template. There are 9 inches of the endpiece extending below the body's lower edge.
    -Bruce

Buck.JPG
    Awesome photo and input-Thank you
    Looks like I will be cutting off about 6" from the bottom of the FFR stock body buck
    M

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BDHoneyman View Post
    M,
    -Bruce

Buck.JPG
    PS can you measure from the bottom up to the horizontal cut between the wheel arches.
    What is it from the "floor" to the top of the opening....

Post Thanks / Like
    I ditched my body buck for a simple kayak suspension system. The latter really facilitates installing the body multiple times without help from anyone. The key is to make sure you always have the cowl support brace in place. Sorry I don’t have any picks at the moment. The system is just a few hooks, pulleys and rope. Google kayak hoisting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, M,

Is the measurement you want as shown in the photo below?

Slide1.jpg

If so, the distance is 25.5 in.

Also, a parts list is here: http://sunshinegaragemkiv.com/constr...struction.html

-Bruce
    FFR Roadster #9047 was delivered March 27th, 2017
    Buildsite: www.sunshinegaragemkiv.com