I routed my battery cable from the forward battery location along the 4" chassis tube to the firewall IAW the edwardb 20th anniversary thread, among others. I shamelessly copied a picture from Paul's thread showing the battery end of the cable routing.
battery cable.jpg
What I missed was that all those people apparently used the Stainless straight headers, while I have the shorty headers. In my case, this means the J-pipe interferes with the battery cable which runs just outboard of the passenger side engine mount. I can pull the cable off to the side a little bit and get the J-pipe installed, but am concerned with heat from the nearby exhaust pipe melting the plastic loom and cable insulation with just 1" of separation. Any further relocation means the engine has to come out and the cable replaced, since I've misplaced my #2 AWG cable stretcher. In order to clear the starter, I could run the cable on the inboard side of the engine mount, then between the engine mount plates, then back to the firewall - that would add about 6-8" of cable length.

How far away should I keep the loom and battery cable from the exhaust? Does anyone have experience running the standard FF-provided loom in proximity to a header? I could wrap the loom in heat shield tape, but don't have confidence in that as a long-term solution.

Would prefer not to pull the engine again, but definitely don't want a future ride on the flatbed due to a shorted cable.