FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Join Us for the 2018 Huntington Beach Cruise-In!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

T-shirts

We are currently looking around for places to print the t-shirts for this years show but here's a mock-up of what the final design will be. If anyone is interested in an extra shirt, let David Hodgkins or I know. (Preferably David) They will be $20-25 each. *Design and pricing may change by showtime*Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.50.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.50.19 PM.png

I'm also thinking about doing some long sleeved versions if people are interested in that too...

Cheers and see you all in a month
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 04-16-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    86 Entries received and it's only the beginning of April!

PLEASE NOTE! We are running low on spaces, enter now before we fill up!

SAME DAY REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE HONORED! We do not have the ability to take credit cards! GET THOSE REGISTRATIONS IN NOW!!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Another note; The Shorebreak block of rooms with the discount rate is SOLD OUT! Additional rooms are available at their normal room rate.

Hope you booked early!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got off my lazy butt and registered.

Hope to see you all there.
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post
    Quote: "no other representation from Factory Five will be at the event this year." NOOOOOooooooooooo. Does that mean that Sally Bean won't show up at all??? Who's handing out our "participants packets"?? Who's gunna give out "Early Bird Hugs-n- kisses" to drivers?? - cuz without Sally, it's gunna be . . . well, . . . you figure it out . . .

Just kidding . . .

But, she will be missed (by many, I'm sure).

I'll be there early as usual -

Doc
    They should just fly Sally out. She sure makes you feel welcomed.
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, I wish I had discovered this a month or two ago. Sound like fun. I'll keep it in mind for next year!

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

I just heard Jo Coddington is going to be at the event helping Karen Salvaggio with registration!

This year, some people are stepping up HUGE! Karen Salvaggio will be handling vehicle registrations in the morning. Factory Five Legacy Award Winner Doug Deffenbach will be the master of parking ceremonies (note: he can be bribed with beers for preferred spots). Dave Hodgkins from The Factory Five Forum will be in charge of this fun event. Special guest Jo Coddington will be on hand and Factory Five President Dave Smith is heading out for breakfast at The Sugar Shack and an afternoon on the pier plaza.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to this amazing event!

How do you guys like my new Avatar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Loved the USC, but the new one looks great too.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

ABSOLUTELY love the new avatar!! The T-Shirts should be a collectors item for sure . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Looking forward to this amazing event!

How do you guys like my new Avatar?

Sweet!! I've got to get me one of those!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete,

Other than Dave Smith, no other representation from Factory Five will be at the event this year.

Why the change after 10 years if I may ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdtoothdoc1 View Post
    Why the change after 10 years if I may ask?
    Nothing dire, I can assure you. They simply have too much on their plate right now, with expanded exhibitions and the 35 truck as well as a new model coming later this year. I addition, they are doing some builds to highlight the new truck release. When you add all that up there simply was no time for an open house and HB this year. I volunteered to handle the HB show this year so it wouldn’t be cancelled.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thought I'd stop by the HB thread and check in with everyone. Very much looking forward to seeing all of our Factory Five friends out here on the West Coast, and very grateful to you David for stepping up for all of us to assure this wonderful event continues.

I remember the original HB events, and how it began some 11 years ago with a grassroots group of builders and owners who just thought it would be good fun for everyone to get together at the beach to enjoy our cars and share some good times with one another. Many of the original HB Cruise-In folks are still active in our community, and over the years we have lived, loved, laughed, learned, and even shed some heartfelt tears along the way.

When this event began, good people like Roger Stein, Robert Fedderson, Paul Mastroianni, Chuck Robertson, John Lomonico and others were very much active and involved in this community. We had also just lost Dick Smith, one of our most beloved and greatest icons, the year before, and we had a great engine roar tribute to Dick Smith at the event. In these 11 years, we've also welcomed literally hundreds of new owners, builders, and members into this community. We've been through a lot together, and for me, this event is our way of celebrating these amazing cars and the wonderful friendships we "build" through them.

We are just a few short weeks away from yet another HB event, and this one promises to be among the best of the best. My life has been truly enriched and forever changed through these cars, and through the friendships forged within this community.

This event is entering a new era, and with the genuine friendships and love of these cars we have shared in the past as our base, we are truly standing on the shoulders of giants as we move into the future.

I hope we fill the streets of Huntington Beach as we have never done before, and look forward to dancing in the streets with all of you, and celebrating the good fortunate bestowed upon us to be driving these cars and living this amazing life! We are truly blessed my friends!!!

Karen
    Last edited by vnmsss; 04-11-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmsss View Post

I hope we fill the streets of Huntington Beach as we have never done before, and look forward to dancing in the streets with all of you, and celebrating the good fortunate bestowed upon us to be driving these cars and living this amazing life! We are truly blessed my friends!!!

Karen
    The Missouri Boys are coming with their coupes, and we are dragging along(kicking and screaming!) the Travelling Builder and his son Matty.

One of the coupes is outfitted with a FLIR, so we may pick up a few stragglers along the way if we don't hit any deer this time.

See ya there!

Bob

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,
    I'm looking forward to attend this years Huntington Beach show on April 28th. A 1st for me and can't wait to meet many old customers, new customers & future customers.
    I have several gifts already in my travel bag!!!
    See you there?
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's looking like it's going to be a GREAT day, weather-wise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to it.... it is snowing here today in Edmonton Grrrr.
    leaving on Sunday
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys & Ladies!!
    I'll fly in Friday morning and attend Saturday at Huntington Beach downtown event.
    See you there!
    I'll be back at work Monday morning...
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Mike! Coming to the BBQ?

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Do we need to pre-order T-shirts, or will they be available for sale downtown (or at the BBQ)?

Nice avatar, BTW!

Video

Post Thanks / Like
    What time do you arrive Mike? Something like 12:30 for me (which is 3:30 for us Eastern time zone guys---we're going to need a nap before the BBQ!).

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by videodude View Post
    David,

Do we need to pre-order T-shirts, or will they be available for sale downtown (or at the BBQ)?

Nice avatar, BTW!

Video
    They will be available at the show (and sure, why not, at the BBQ too!)

EDIT: Oh, and here's a slighly degraded pic of the logo for this year's shirt, which I'mposting b/c I trust non of you all will use it to produce copycat shirts:

My son Grant did a pretty good job on it, don't 'cha think? Although, that pretty fade turned it into a 4-color process!!

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 04-17-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I need to "copy" is 20 dollar bills, so I can afford gas in SoCal . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to seeing everyone's builds and showing off my "Electric" to.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I really wanted to go this year because last year, I lost the passenger side front brake!!!!
    Short answer: a pistons seized in the clamping position. Super-heated the rotor and made braking near impossible.
    Eventually, it cooled off, braking returned for the remainder of that weekend. Found melted bits of the piston's dustcover.
    Ordered brand new Wilwoods all around from Levy Racing... new rims to boot. Was hoping to show it but alas, I need to save the money for a trip to Japan ... more importantly, it's our 30th Anniversary this year so it's a "little" more important than HB!
    Hope everyone has fun.
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Herman!

Glad you got the brake issue sorted - with an upgrade!

We'll miss you man! I was looking forward to seeing you. Oh well, next year I guess...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The first T-Shirts are IN!

These are XXL's modeled by my daughters Madison and Colette and feature a stunning 4-color process logo my son Grant came up with.

Check Them Out!

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 04-23-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to the weekend and flying in Friday afternoon! Obviously I am not bringing a car; anybody got room for a passenger for the trip from H.B. to Hodgkins' barbecue Friday evening?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW that would have swell to meet Jeff!

Sadly, I am moving this day and I just found out. I was hoping for a last-minute entry.

I have a home in the suburbs and an apartment in the city, it's the city apartment that is being moved. Last weekend of the month.

I thought I'd go considering technically, I started this show - I was the one that first suggested we drive to the Huntington Beach Pier after the Replica Show at Knott's Berry Farm in 2005 I think.... 15 of us went, the next year someone asked specific permission to rope off an area for us, then maybe the next year was the year Factory Five got involved and we officially no longer attended the replica show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

Posted this on the other thread as well:

Dee and I are staying at the Huntington Beach Inn, right off Main St. We are driving in from Las Vegas on Friday morning, and since we don't have a car built yet, we weren't going to go on the Pre-BBQ cruise. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my cell number. We'd be more than happy to give you a Lyft up to Dave's (and back, if necessary). Lots of room in the back of the Mountaineer.

Video

Post Thanks / Like
    The first T-Shirts are IN!

These are XXL's modeled by my daughters Madison and Colette and feature a stunning 4-color process logo my son Grant came up with.

Check Them Out!

Very pretty!!

The shirts are nice, too.

Video

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    I'm looking forward to the weekend and flying in Friday afternoon! Obviously I am not bringing a car; anybody got room for a passenger for the trip from H.B. to Hodgkins' barbecue Friday evening?

Jeff
    What time is your flight in?

Post Thanks / Like
    What time is your flight in?
    Scheduled to arrive SNA around 12:30

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I Got U.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I Got U.
    Or not (saw the other thread)

Let me know Jeff, I'm 15 minutes from the airport.

Post Thanks / Like
    David,
    Thanks for the offer but your plate is plenty full already! I'll catch an Uber or cab to the Shorebreak then later in the afternoon Video and I will hook up to head to your BBQ.

See you Friday

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Can’t wait for the show on Saturday, still got a lot of work ahead of me tho. Ive had my gen 3 coupe for almost six months now, the car won’t be fully finished for the show but hopefully mostly done. Haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by videodude View Post
    Very pretty!!

The shirts are nice, too.

Video
    I chuckled at the thought of David Hodgkins imposing an angry dad timeout on the forum for this comment (not that I'm hoping that would actually happen)
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by q4stix View Post
    I chuckled at the thought of David Hodgkins imposing an angry dad timeout on the forum for this comment (not that I'm hoping that would actually happen)
    Dave should be very proud of those girls, and they make great models! If I was in his shoes, I would have done the same thing with my 2 girls. Nothing snarky intended or implied.

Video, a proud dad of 2 gorgeous girls and one (very tall) Marine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast