Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: roll bar color to match wheels - any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

roll bar color to match wheels - any pics?

I'm thinking about either powder coating or painting my roll bars to match the color of the inside of the FFR wheels. If anyone else has done this, can you post pics. Also, does anyone have any information on the paint code for that color?
    LS1, TKO600, IRS, no scoop, undercar exhaust. Delivered June 14, 2017, First start December 31, 2017, Registered and Titled Sept 12, 2019.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the color code I would suggest you call FFR. Otherwise you be going through chip books, and chips don’t always reflect the actual color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going from memory and I may be in error but I believe in the past the color code of the wheels has been discussed and the answer from FFR was they have used different suppliers for the wheels over the years and the color has varied slightly.
    I think matching the bars to the wheels could be a cool look. Since they are not directly adjacent to each other I think you get easily get a close enough match by using samples that nobody would be able to see the difference without them being right next to each other.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a "high end" custom or hot rod shop (i.e. Gas Monkey) in your area, they can match your wheel color. I used a shop in Tucson (for a previous project) and they matched the color perfectly! However, it wasn't cheap!
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

Post Thanks / Like
    Gas Monkey.....high end??? they are one of the reasons why i got rid of cable

Post Thanks / Like
    MisterAdam: Agreed! But they can still match the paint!
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)