Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GPS system

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

GPS system

Which GPS systems works best in your Cobra? Thinking about purchasing new and cant really make up my mind.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you looking for a permanently installed system, or something "temporary"?

If the former, take a look at BEARAvHISTORY's center console; he's got what I think is one of the best looking touchscreen setups going.

If you're talking accuracy/performance, I think any reputable, modern system is comparable to the others. Recommend you choose whatever system has the bells and whistles you like best AND that's easy to integrate into whatever housing you prefer/fabricate.

Cheers,

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Google maps on my cell which is held in a beanbag mount sitting on the console. I push it forward so it is under the dash a little to shield from sunlight.
    https://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-N...70_&dpSrc=srch
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post

If the former, take a look at BEARAvHISTORY's center console; he's got what I think is one of the best looking touchscreen setups going.

If you're talking accuracy/performance, I think any reputable, modern system is comparable to the others. Recommend you choose whatever system has the bells and whistles you like best AND that's easy to integrate into whatever housing you prefer/fabricate.

Cheers,

John
    I'm looking for a removable kind but I want to make sure to see and hear it.

Thanks, Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Excellent.....I like that idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post

Cheers,

John
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a (now outdated, firmware wise) Tom-Tom under my dash and it WORKS GREAT AT NIGHT. Not much good during the day even pushed up against the firewall and under the dash as far as it will go. Even with the volume turned all the way up, it's still difficult to hear over the wind noise and pipes when at freeway speeds - cruising around town is much better.

IF I was going to upgrade now, I'd look for something that has Bluetooth audio to my ear buds so I can hear the directions. I prefer to "hear" the changes rather then take my eyes off the road to see where I'm going next.

Just my 2¢ and not worth a plugged nickle

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.