FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine choice....thoughts????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    I see your kit number is #8475. My Mk4 is #8674, and had the same sheet metal. I used some custom pieces from 2bking. But that's another story... Some months later Factory Five released a new version of the DS footbox that is used for all engine types. It restores the lost footbox space from the previous 4.6 (and Coyote) sheet metal. It's wide at the top in the engine compartment, but narrows back down at the bottom for added space inside. Plus even adds a little more on the outside of the foot box (the body side). I'm not saying it isn't tight in the engine compartment! It is. And even with everything maxed out, the footbox can be tight for taller drivers, big feet, etc. Just the way it is. But there's no longer a penalty for using the big engines in the Roadster.
    Thanks for that info!

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,
    Somehow I missed this thread on engine packages. I've completely swapped to Dart SHP blocks for all 347, 363 & 427-W engine packages because of reliability issues of stock 302 blocks and the not significant price difference of the DART SHP block over stock blocks.
    With varying HP levels tailored to customers needs and budgets we have a bunch of packages starting with DART SHP 347 at $12,705.00 as a turnkey package with new TKO transmission, alternator, starter, clutch kit, bellhousing etc.
    If you have any interests please feel free to call me, or email me for a quote.
    We are now selling a 306 package with a new T-5 for $9700.00 running.
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike forte View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Somehow I missed this thread on engine packages. I've completely swapped to Dart SHP blocks for all 347, 363 & 427-W engine packages because of reliability issues of stock 302 blocks and the not significant price difference of the DART SHP block over stock blocks.
    With varying HP levels tailored to customers needs and budgets we have a bunch of packages starting with DART SHP 347 at $12,705.00 as a turnkey package with new TKO transmission, alternator, starter, clutch kit, bellhousing etc.
    If you have any interests please feel free to call me, or email me for a quote.
    We are now selling a 306 package with a new T-5 for $9700.00 running.
    Mike
    Do you guys selling rotating assemblies....I have a 1969 351W block bored and prepped for 427?
    Thanks
    Jimmy

Post Thanks / Like
    With that said......here is my real advice. Within your financial constraints of course. Build the car, that if you drove it to a Cobra event and you could drive any car there back home, yours is the car you would choose! You are doing the right thing by thinking it through now. If a certain engine sings to you, and is going to fit what you want to do with the car, go for it.

WOW....that’s deep.....I see EXACTLY where your going!!
    BRILLIANT!!!
    Thanks
    Jimmy

Post Thanks / Like
    Avalanche325 said it so well. I love my 408 stroker with its Hilborn efi 8 stack so much I’m pulling it from my roadster and putting it into my new coupe build. I’ll sell the roadster as a roller. Clearly, the engine choice is the toughest decision apart from paint. You won’t make a bad decision.

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jimmy,
    I do sell balanced rotating assemblies by Eagle or Scat. Give me a call and I'll get you a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasommer View Post
    Mike
    Do you guys selling rotating assemblies....I have a 1969 351W block bored and prepped for 427?
    Thanks
    Jimmy
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123