Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any engine restrictions?

Post Thanks / Like

Any engine restrictions?

This might be best answered by someone that has done a 33 HR. I'm building a DSS 306 ford (302) block right now. Would like to have an electric water pump, but with AC and Alternator getting a
    decent pulley system seems to be a challenge. Are there any oil pan or other restrictions that I should be aware of in planning the engine build? Thinking of FiTech or Holly Sniper for fuel intake.

thanks guys. my delivery date is 5/12 and I'm about to go crazy waiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ken-

I don't have an answer for your questions -- sorry about that... However, I had to comment on your avatar!

Awesome seeing Steve here on the forum. Not enough o's in cool to describe him!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Cvfracing has setups for a 302 with an electric fuel pump. I’m building a roadster so I can’t help with the oilpan although my guess is a shallow 7 inch pan would be necessary. I’m running a Fitech on my 331 stroked motor and love the turn key startups. Snipers had a wait list when i was looking. I could have gone either way on the fuel injection. Fitech systems I have seen on sale for a good price recently but don’t remember where.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep, discovered CVfracing yesterday. I ALSO learned that electric WATER pumps don't have heater hookups. So I'm back to a short shaft combo water pump and timing chain cover. Ie, this one: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-8501-A50

I think this works on the CVFracing kit, but will call tomorrow to confirm. Interesting about FITEch, it is between them and Holly Sniper. What distributor did you go for? I've seen the 400HP kit for 795 recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey wis89

What is this steve fellow you speak of? The Avatar is my picture <grin>
    Last edited by KenWilkinson; 02-25-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Fitech is the 600. Setup was simple and with only minor tweaks to the settings. I have a MSD distributor and a MSD coil. I have a neutral safety switch on the transmission so when I’m working on the engine, I can just reach in and turn the key.
    The hand controller is great when breaking in the motor and getting and logging info.....dumping that data into a computer produces some nice graphs to show what’s going on. Just don’t leave it plugged in why not using, it will drain the battery.