FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Marv’s 35 Truck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Very nice! Are you working in Australia ? LOL.
    I found a photo editor! LOL
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seats fits very tight at the front at the trans tunnel have to move tunnel in some. Mounted hood hold downs and regulators are in. Next the glass goes in. Wednesday is the DMV for plates and registration.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think of the seat height? All the pictures i have seen with someone sitting inthem they looked to be trying to see over the dash? Have not seen in person yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seat height is a little low plus too far forward, going to do some experimenting
    Deep Impact Blue

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Seat height is a little low plus too far forward, going to do some experimenting
    I too wish the seat was farther back, however it is already up against the roll bar bracket. I don't think you can get it back farther without modifying the seat back. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed don’t think we can do much with the FFR seat. Can’t even put the E brake handle in the location called for. I wonder what happened with the original design bench seat they have in the brown truck. I now know why when I asked to sit in the brown truck at Barrett Jackson they said they’re not letting anyone sit in it.
    Last edited by Marv; 12-19-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    So I made a modification over the weekend that helped install and let me keep the old e-brake design. I cut the seat frame in the front-most trans tunnel side. I cut flush with the main Frame and right in front of the welded nut for the trans tunnel cover. Makes install way easier and my e-brake fits. I ran this by Tony via e-mail and he didn't have any issues with it...

Ill get a picture of the cuts in the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I have a set of big/tall buckets I bought to make go-karting safer. Let me know if you're interested in those instead of the bench. They're extra for me now. I'm 5'9" so I have fewer sizing issues with the seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed don’t think we can do much with the FFR seat. Can’t even put the E brake handle in the location called for. I wonder what happened with the original design bench seat they have in the brown truck. I now know why when I asked to sit in the brown truck at Barrett Jackson they said they’re not letting anyone sit in it.
    Marv, do you have the newest style E-brake? It is shorter at the rear and has a leg that goes down to the lower portion of the frame. This "should" allow for the e-brake to mounted where FFR has it designed.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    No I must not have the newest one. I check with tony. Thanks
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI plates and title acquired today for a 1935 Ford special construction. Now I can put a few miles on her. Did get nailed for $1140. Sales tax though. At least I got the copper historic vehicle plates. Hey you can take it with you. LOL
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my truck coming next week if all goes well am planning on reupholstry on bench seat and jack ing it up , tired of pillows under butt !! what seems to work for shifter? wanted a 16 in and ordered and it gonna be 10 in tall , going with 302 and AOD anyone got a Minnesota inspection and appraisal ????? think this will take some modifications to make me happy but I am excited and have the shop cleaned out

Post Thanks / Like
    This cut job also meant I didn't have to modify the E-brake

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1545326347

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwater35 View Post
    So I made a modification over the weekend that helped install and let me keep the old e-brake design. I cut the seat frame in the front-most trans tunnel side. I cut flush with the main Frame and right in front of the welded nut for the trans tunnel cover. Makes install way easier and my e-brake fits. I ran this by Tony via e-mail and he didn't have any issues with it...

Ill get a picture of the cuts in the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's how much the frame hit my e-brake, and here's how it looks with the cushion installed. I'm fine with it as it stands.

IMG_6815.jpg
    IMG_6885.jpg
    Last edited by Stillwater35; 12-21-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Set my seat on 2x4’s to raise it some, cut these pieces out and spread the front open about an inch to get it to fit. Seems to me the roll bar gussets should be smaller and mounted higher in the future to allow the seat to be moved higher. Just my 2 cents.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Fitting door glass today, I found I have the wrong inner felts for the doors. Think they are for the HR make sure you have the correct length they go all around the inside opening.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Fitting door glass today, I found I have the wrong inner felts for the doors. Think they are for the HR make sure you have the correct length they go all around the inside opening.
    Marv you have to use 2 pieces. You should have got 4 felt ones for the inside and 2 rubber ones for the outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, Received only two, I would hope FFR would cut them longer to eliminate needing two. We’ll see. I will report what they send me.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with Marv. I have two pieces of the inner felt rubber, about 55” long each. Which appears to be the length you have. I have two Long rolls of the outer cat head (assembly manual term) rubber.
    However, the asssembly manual seems to imply on pages 336-337 to use the felt only around the top of the frame and fill in across the bottom with the cat head. Interesting.
    Wallace, did you get 4 pieces and run it all the way around?
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I too wish the seat was farther back, however it is already up against the roll bar bracket. I don't think you can get it back farther without modifying the seat back. Best of luck.
    I removed the roll bar bracket and picked up 2 inches

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish my seat would come, got bored and modified the side covers
    love the side covers, nice upgrade

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post
    I am with Marv. I have two pieces of the inner felt rubber, about 55” long each. Which appears to be the length you have. I have two Long rolls of the outer cat head (assembly manual term) rubber.
    However, the asssembly manual seems to imply on pages 336-337 to use the felt only around the top of the frame and fill in across the bottom with the cat head. Interesting.
    Wallace, did you get 4 pieces and run it all the way around?
    Ralph
    Yes ,4-felt

Post Thanks / Like
    On window weatherstrip questions, where are the other 4 felted pieces supposed to go (#26037), 34.25" long. They look like window runner channels of some type, but in looking through assembly manual, they are nowhere to be found. Is it just common knowledge where/how they are to be installed?
    Also, I have a "U" shaped felted channel about 33" long, that I think is part 33529, called unbeaded window channel that must go somewhere?
    The journey continues.

Thanks, Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    On window weatherstrip questions, where are the other 4 felted pieces supposed to go (#26037), 34.25" long. They look like window runner channels of some type, but in looking through assembly manual, they are nowhere to be found. Is it just common knowledge where/how they are to be installed?
    Also, I have a "U" shaped felted channel about 33" long, that I think is part 33529, called unbeaded window channel that must go somewhere?
    The journey continues.

Thanks, Ralph
    page 427 of BETA manual. shows your question.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked near these pages in both assembly manuals and don't see the parts I was trying to find a home for. I understand what fits around the inner and outer window opening, but the parts I mentioned appear to be channels of some sort.
    Bear with me as I am old and dense, but I still don't see where these parts fit, and how to attach them.

Thanks, Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 01-07-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI update on glass install I found it easier to leave the inner felt off to align the glass with the outer seal and window track channel. Then I dropped the glass and installed the inner felt. ( the one that is not correct)
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Found what I think is a good place for the window switches. Plenty of room to operate.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    The journey continues.

Thanks, Ralph

Ralph, those pieces are for the 33HR not the truck. You do not need them. I’m not sure if the aluminum channel and felt u channel will fit in the front of the truck door. I don’t believe it will but will check later today and either remove this line or edit it. Maybe Tom will say if he was able to put that vertical channel in the door, I don’t believe it is needed but will check. I received those also. Look on page 551 in the printed 33 HR manual you get a better idea of all those pieces.
    Last edited by Marv; 01-08-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Ralph, those pieces are for the 33HR not the truck. You do not need them. I’m not sure if the aluminum channel and felt u channel will fit in the front of the truck door. I don’t believe it will but will check later today and either remove this line or edit it. Maybe Tom will say if he was able to put that vertical channel in the door, I don’t believe it is needed but will check. I received those also. Look on page 551 in the printed 33 HR manual you get a better idea of all those pieces.
    As Marv said that is for the 33 not the P/U. No need for it. The window tracks fine in the 2 seals that go around the door opening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, thanks. I think FFR was just trying to confuse me. Which is easy to do.
    How do you guys like my seat solution? I am rather proud of it.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, thanks. I think FFR was just trying to confuse me. Which is easy to do.
    How do you guys like my seat solution? I am rather proud of it.
    Ralph
    Looks like it worked out great Ralph
    Deep Impact Blue

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found what I think is a good place for the window switches. Plenty of room to operate.
    so I had planned on this spot for my truck as well... then it occurs to me...I am a big symmetry guy.. are you planning to do the same for the pass side? If so.. there will obviously be no way to roll down the pass window from the driver's side.. or worse... roll it up... without stopping the truck , getting out opening the door and then operating the window.

I ended up getting a 3rd switch... put 2 on the driver's door and one on the pass door... like OEM...

the other option if you want to "hide" them and don't want to have 3 switches is you mount them to the bottom of the dash in the middle under the gauges...

just my .02 anyway.
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool good plan, I can reach both switches even the one on the passenger side without any problems. I have plenty of clearance between the door and dash sides.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Marv, I am working on my hood fitting and have followed the two ways to mount the hinge brackets to the radiator support. I see in your post #98 you have the brackets mounted inboard. Did you leave them that way? I have mine outboard and can not get the brackets to clear the cowl and align to the hood mount pad.
    Just looking for comments by those that have been there.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have the hinges (black pieces) right next to the radiator on each side with the top of the mounts tilted in slightly, took a while to get everything lined up.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I will try them the way you have them.
    Are you seats still up on 2x4’s? FFR has told me they have engineering working on frame supports to raise the seat.
    I also swapped out my “too short” 5 point belts for their newer ones.
    So, I think they are working on our feedback.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes still sitting on 2x4s. Do you have a picture of the new belts? Gave my 5points to a friend that needed them for a track day car so I can’t exchange them with FFR.
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    The belt are shown in Wallace18 posts. FFR said they were now supplying the newer belts with the kit, which doesn’t help you much.
    Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 01-25-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast