I couldn't stand it anymore... beautiful spring day, been mentally cataloging "Roadster Roads" for months... Gendarmes be damned I'M GONNA DRIVE MY CAR!

And my little 1 mile trip down the block, around the park, and back to the 40 Watt confirmed the need for ever-expanding test drive "loops" from base camp.

Everything works beautifully! Got it into 2nd gear, romped it a bit, my "guess & by golly" brake balancer adjustment seemed good on a panic stop, all was ear to ear smiles. Pulled up the driveway, set the parking brake and got out to open the garage door and #9365 started to stumble and stalled out.

WTF...

From the sound/actions of it this wasn't electrical, it was fuel. I know everything is good. The pump works (58psi at the rail), 1/2 tank of fuel, what is going on??
After about 1/2 hour of troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the problem. The electrical connector that snaps onto the fuel pump. So it was fuel-related electrical!
(I checked the Coyote fuel pump relay, the FFR/RF fuel pump relay, the inertia switch, and had 14+V at the connector to the pump).

About this time I remembered having difficulty getting the fuel pump connector to snap down and latch onto the pump. A lot of fiddling and it finally clicked into place... OK. The "1st Start", and all subsequent runs have had no problems... Until you introduce road jolts and vibration!.

It turns out that with all my fiddling to get the connector seated, the female connector (inside the plastic) got deformed and opened up. It wasn't "gripping" the male post on the pump. It was touching, but not full contact (just fine for test starts...). I used an extractor tool to get the terminal out of the connector body, reshaped it with a needle-nose, and clicked it back in.

End of problem.

What I'm trying to express here is the K.I.S.S. principal (Keep It Simple... Stupid). Don't go "worst case" on a problem and start changing parts. Evaluate the conditions, the changes to the conditions, and compare to known facts when you troubleshoot.