Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The 40 Watt Garage - new project - Mk4 arriving in mid-May

Post Thanks / Like

The 40 Watt Garage - new project - Mk4 arriving in mid-May

I'm John D. (Fixit) on here - residing in Frostbite Falls, MN. (actually the Minneapolis 'burbs)
    I've placed my order for a Mk4 Complete Kit, using a Coyote, TKO-600, and IRS.

I have been a "lurker" on this Forum since August of '17, gathering information and convincing myself to pull the trigger on this project. I have wanted to build a Cobra replica/tribute since my late teens - it's only taken 35+ years to achieve that goal!

I am in need of another automotive project build. I completed my last project car (Yeah, Yeah,... I know... they're NEVER "done") about 5 years ago, and have been driving the wheels off it on Club cruises, autocross events, road-course track days, and of course on nice weekends to local shows with my sweetie.
    The best part about this car is it's sleeper/shock value... it's a '65 El Camino. The looks on guys getting waxed by a 53 year old pickup truck are priceless.

By trade I'm an IBEW "Limited Power Technician" - read that Low Voltage guy. I specialize in commercial security, things like CCTV and Card Access systems - so I'm no stranger to complex & bizarre DC control & relay circuits. Hopefully I can return the favor on my build questions with electrical help or suggestions.
    Last edited by Fixit; 03-10-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I sold a 1970 El Camino to make room for my FF build. If you shoot Dave Hodgkins a PM and let him know you have a FF Roadster ordered, he'll upgrade your account now - no need to wait for the post count.

Dave
    Last edited by Papa; 02-25-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations & Welcome To The Family!

1. The folks on this forum are the best and you will meet the most amazing people as this journey begins.
    2. Make sure you read the entire manual at least twice before starting to do the inventory because it helps you get familiar with each piece and where it goes.
    3. Reading the manual several times will also help in the identification of each part as you dig through each box as you go through your inventory process.
    4. In addition, make a copy of your inventory sheet and back ordered items and place a copy of each sheet on the corresponding box.
    5. Having a copy of corresponding inventory sheet taped to each box reduces your part hunting woes.

Again, Congratulations & Welcome To The Family!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 02-25-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome John, congrats on getting your car ordered.
    As GoDadGo said there is a lot of help on the forum.
    My '33 Hotrod will be delivered in 2 days, then the fun begins.
    What did the El Camino have under the hood?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've still got the Elky... He's affectionately known as "Blackie" (when he's behaving himself).
    I swapped a warmed over '96 LT-1/4L60e combo out of my Dad's Roadmaster sedan.
    (Can't post pictures yet - haven't hit the probation limit)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the madness John,

I have updated your account.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I do my cruising in a 1965 Falcon with a built 302 boss. Roger