Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power brakes or no power brakes?

Post Thanks / Like
    To everyone following this thread - and just for a good laugh . . .

My wife once said to me: "Someday you'll have to sell your car and get something more "Old Guy" compatible" (I'm 69 now). I responded: "Honey, when I get too old to steer the car, it'll get power steering. When I get too old to stop the Cobra, it'll get power brakes. And when I get too old to feel comfortable driving it, it'll get A/C, heat, wipers, seats that have adjustable lumbar support and a top so I don't get wet any more in the rain". An a stereo . . . Ha-Ha-Ha!

Right now I'm enjoying the "raw [street legal] race car" experience . . .

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 03-18-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

2. Likes TexasAviator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build the best car that you can afford with the options you’ve always wanted and use the opinions of forum members to help make informed decisions

Sometimes you will make good decisions and sometimes you will make not so good ones that’s why my car will be a work in progress for a while longer while I keep trying to make it better

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess another opinion won’t hurt. I’ve got Wilwoods front and rear. I bought the car assembled so can’t be sure but I think Gordon Levy most likely sold them to first builder. I’ve tracked the car enough to tell you that it takes some heat for them to work well. But once up to temp they work just fine. I like that there’s one less component up front too. Oh, and I politely disagree with those who advocate a larger master cylinder bore. You want more hydraulic pressure in your system not less. True, a smaller diameter master cylinder will result in longer pedal travel but your right thigh will thank you for less pedal force.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    80 plus cars and I try to talk every customer into power brakes.
    Mike
    Mike, I'm starting a build of the Gen 3 Coupe in a couple of months... (I built a MKIV about 5 years ago). Which brake booster do you recommend?
    BUILT WITH MY DAD! - MK4, 5.0 Coyote, TK0 600 with Mid-Shift, Hydraulic Clutch, Power Steering, Custom Built Stainless 4:1:4 Headers by "Stainless Headers", Dual-Rollbars, 15" Wheels, Foot Box Vents and Seat Heaters, Patriot Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes Kit arrived: June 2, 2012 - Driving: May 22, 2013
    BUILDING WITH MY DAD! - Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, Gen3 Coyote, TKO 600, IRS, Hydraulic Clutch, PS, Stainless headers, 17" wheels, Race Seats, GPS Gauges Ordered 1-30-2019

6. Likes toadster liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12