Hello All,

I have been reading every thread I can find as I am planning a MK4 build and was getting ready to order a new kit. About 10 years ago I helped a friend with a donor build and the registration process went fairly smooth. Now that I am preparing to build my own, I have heard it is either a nightmare of no longer possible to build in Massachusetts. Here are the notes I have on the only ways to currently build in mass. If anyone has any information or has been through the process lately, can you please let me know if I am right with these assumptions or if there are other things that need to be considered.

- donor builds are still ok but you are required to have all of the same emission equipment.
- crate motors (Coyote, 427, any of FF's Blueprint motors) can only be used if you have a pre 1973 donor vehicle (any make/model?) that you have scrapped

I was planning a crate motor build with either a 427 or Coyote depending on various factors.

It is now sounding like the only way to build in Massachusetts is with a donor vehicle. Is this correct?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Jay