Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any western MA inspection station recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Any western MA inspection station recommendations?

Hi all,

Managed to get my new-to-me MKIV roadster registered last week, and thus will need to bring it in for the MA state inspection in the near future. I know the car will initially fail the emissions portion of the test and I'll have to make a trip to the MAC, but was wondering if anyone in Western MA could recommend an inspection station that they've previously used. In theory I should be able to use any location but would feel better using a place that has at least seen one of these cars before. I'm located near Northampton but am willing to drive a ways if necessary.

Thanks,

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. This is Davis. I have an 818s. I had it inspected at Affordable Auto Glass, East Elm St West Springfield. There is an MAC center nearby in West Springfield. Good Luck

3. Thanks jab351w thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CU9DZ View Post
    Hi. This is Davis. I have an 818s. I had it inspected at Affordable Auto Glass, East Elm St West Springfield. There is an MAC center nearby in West Springfield. Good Luck
    Thanks, will definitely keep them in mind as a possibility in the future.

I ended up going to M&M Auto Repair in Easthampton. They've been great to work with, but haven't been able to print a reject sticker yet due to problems with the computer (may also be related to how the car is currently registered). Heading back on Monday (if it doesn't rain) when supposedly the MAC personnel will walk the tech through the process on the computer in real-time. Fingers crossed...