Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Almost there... Alignment shop

Post Thanks / Like

Almost there... Alignment shop

Looking to get the alignment done before final body install.
    Just for ease of getting to the adjustments.
    Does this matter or should I just finished it up, get it registered and then take it for alignment?

I’ve done the eyeballing it in and seems to drive ok but needs to be dialed in.

Can a I get a few recommendations for Greater Hartford area. But I am willing to trailer it as far as needed.
    Also what should it cost me approximately?

Thanks
    Grady

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just eyeball the alignment for now and then have a shop reset once the car is complete. The final adjustment should be done at "ride weight" with the body, interior, gas tank full, etc. It will change when all this weight is added.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I will do that. I did do the eyeball alignment with body and interior in in gel coat.
    I will get it back together and go from there.

Need some recommendations for a shop that has done these.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located? There is a shop in central Mass I have used several times and always did a great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hartford area so if its a recommendation, central MA (Worcester area) I'd be happy to drive it to once on the road and registered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looking for a follow-up on the local Hartford, Springfield, Worcester area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Grady,
    Good to see you are so close to finishing. I'm close behind but am now living in Southport, NC.

If you do any alignment just get it as close to the specs as you can with the ride height set that you want. When the alignment shop finishes the alignment make sure they keep it at your ride height. If you add any weight in the future, body, fuel and your own weight just reset it to the ride height you and the alignment shop had it set to and the alignment will come back to the specs set at the alignment shop. You don't have to reset the alignment when you add weight just reset the ride height.

George

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used J&K Tire in Hudson, MA. There is one guy there that does all of the alignment work and has helped me on numerous vehicle builds over the years. I've always been happy. When I built my GTM 10 years ago, he did a great job getting everything front and rear in align.