FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 289 USRRC Ordered!

Post Thanks / Like

289 USRRC Ordered!

I just ordered my 289 USRRC kit!

I really wanted the pin-drive FIA rims; however, I also wanted the IRS....so I opted for the IRS with the 15" Halibrand replicas with the Levy Racing brakes solution. I am also looking at the street look with the Dayton wire wheel option. I had wire wheels on a Cobra I had in the 90's and really liked the look.

I have struggled back and forth between the Coupe or the roadster. Maybe I will just have to build both.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to getting back to building a car. I was a year into a RCR GT40 build when I got an offer I couldn't refuse...so now I am going in a different direction.

I selected just about every option on the configuration page...what unlisted option is a must?

I expect a 302-based engine with TKO 500/600 and am leaning towards the EZ 8-stack fuel injection set up.

Now time to get the garage ready!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the 289 club. Couple builds at various points of completion right now. All different, all pretty cool. Read up on the threads and make sure you have the latest rev documentation.
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    I really wanted the pin-drive FIA rims; however, I also wanted the IRS...
    Hmmm, is a pin-drive width IRS no longer available? I have it on the the Gen 2 Coupe I’m (still) building. Interesting...
    George T

Type 65 Coupe #338, Picked Up 4-Aug-07, Roller on 8-Mar-09, 1st start 8-Sep-13, 1st Autocross 7-Oct-18, finished sanding & sprayed paint myself 6-Nov-21, IRS/LCA/Koni/traditional gages/Kirkey/pin-drive rear width/15" Torq-Thrust Ds/44IDFs/Brodix ST5.0R heads/Eagle internal-balance crankshaft/oil pan by Armando/home-made turkey pan/S-10 mid-shift T5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard from all the 289 builders out there. These Cars are a blast to build. I’m going through the VIN/Registration/inspection process right now. Hoping to be driving it by late June. We’re all here for you.
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Zots! Welcome!! I have had nothing but fun building my 289 FIA. Been on it since last June and am just about ready to go to paint. It's been quite a journey. This forum is both a life line and a savior when things don't go just as you thought they might. I went with the pin drive, 15" wheels and the 3-link. No regrets there. As well a 302 and a TKO 600. Perhaps they will have the pin drive/IRS option sorted out for my next build!