FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Master Cylinder Relocation with Wiper Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Master Cylinder Relocation with Wiper Kit

I got Mike's master cylinder relocation kit, but in Idaho I have to have wipers to title and license the car. For those that have used this kit and wipers, where did you mount your reservoir so it didn't get in the way of things?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by melnjoel View Post
    I got Mike's master cylinder relocation kit, but in Idaho I have to have wipers to title and license the car. For those that have used this kit and wipers, where did you mount your reservoir so it didn't get in the way of things?
    I made some aluminum brackets and attached it to the wiper bracket.

818 MC.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idf View Post
    I made some aluminum brackets and attached it to the wiper bracket.

818 MC.JPG
    Thank you for the great suggestion. How did you attach it for your first start and go kart? I assume that the wipers were installed after that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by melnjoel View Post
    Thank you for the great suggestion. How did you attach it for your first start and go kart? I assume that the wipers were installed after that?
    I had to find my own first start video to answer your question. Looks like I had already installed the wiper kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idf View Post
    I had to find my own first start video to answer your question. Looks like I had already installed the wiper kit.
    Thanks for the info! I am just thinking I am a ways from installing the wiper kit, but want to get my brakes and clutch bled before I do any go karting! I will figure out something to hold it up until I get it finished! Just another fun little challenge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you have already purchased your FFR wiper kit, however, we have developed a single wiper kit that includes everything you need and does not require cutting the hood. Please check it out at FormaCars.com. It is currently out of stock as we are waiting on the motors to arrive. We expect them within a month. Anyone who orders before they are in stock will get 10% off. Best of luck go carting.

Chris
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got Mike's relocation kit and installed it in front of the windshield flange. By adding some extra tubing, you can mount the reservoir anywhere you like as long as it's above the clutch and brake master cylinders. This photo was taken before I mounted wipers but it's still in the same place. I didn't like mounting the reservoir on the windshield flange because I'd have to remove it (re-bleed?) whenever I removed the windshield, which I did later when I added the hard top.

818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).