BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fitech Fan on/off settings

Post Thanks / Like

Fitech Fan on/off settings

Just curious to know for Fitech installs what fan on/off temps folks are running based on their thermostat open temperature>

I have a 180 degree thermostat and have the fan coming on at 185 and off at 175. Is there a general rule to follow?

Also, when the fan is running, will fan setting in the dashboard read 1 instead of 0?

RickP

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

No one controlling the fan on/off through a control module?

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO I would have the fan come on at 190 and off at 175. I have not used that function on my FITECH's but I have a friend who used those parameters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    IMO I would have the fan come on at 190 and off at 175. I have not used that function on my FITECH's but I have a friend who used those parameters.
    Thanks Wallace18. You helped me way back with the initial wire up so I am going to lean on your experience and make the necessary adjustments.

RickP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the fitech and just started messing with this setting. You really want your engine to operate near or around 180 degrees since that is where the sweet spot is for most engines running pump gas. The cooler you keep the engine the better you can stave off detonation. There is chart floating around with what an engine with 11:1 compression (me) and what the fuel needs are for a motor making that without detonation with certain gasoline octanes. I am running fitech, 180 thermostat and my settings are 185 to 175. I also noticed that no matter where I set it, my cooling system will keep up with my settings. I have a ffr fan, 29 inch wide mustang 3 core radiator, using the fan relay system.
    Last edited by TexasAviator; 03-08-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the sniper and have the fan set at 195 on 185 off

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m running 190 on and 180 off. The dashboard reads 1 when the fan turns on. I have an override switch for the fan also, so I can run the fan when I turn off the ignition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brewha View Post
    I’m running 190 on and 180 off. The dashboard reads 1 when the fan turns on. I have an override switch for the fan also, so I can run the fan when I turn off the ignition.
    I’m not crazy then. I swear I saw the fan status as “1” at one point. Sounds like on @ 185 off @ 175 is my sweet spot then. Thank you gents for all the feedback.