Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood brakes - real stupid question

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood brakes - real stupid question

Installing the wildwood rear brakes - 3-link. Instruction show diagram and indicate left side - now the question - the left side is the driver's side? Or basically the caliper part face top front of the rotor?

Walter
    Last edited by racephotoman; 03-03-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walter
    From the drivers seat> LH/drivers side
    BUT;
    Some people are mounting the calipers as shown and others are swapping sides of the car and axle for a smoother E-brake
    cable routing. The important part is having the bleed valve at the top so you can get them bled later.
    HTH
    Dale
    7L Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by racephotoman View Post
    Installing the wildwood rear brakes - 3-link. Instruction show diagram and indicate left side - now the question - the left side is the driver's side? Or basically the caliper part face top front of the rotor?

Walter
    Walter - Not a stupid question. I had the same exact question almost a year ago when I began my build. In just a short time I found that there truly are no stupid questions here and you won't be berated for anything you ask...enjoy the build!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood Front Brakes

Installed suspension according to FFR manual (two holes for the brake caliper mount is facing top front and arm to attached to the steering later faces toward the rear of the car). Started to install the Wilwood front brakes and their instruction sheet show the front suspension installation (spindle) in their diagram backward from what I have. Again, the way my front suspension is installed (unless it's backward), the bracket that you would be attaching to mount the caliper on the spindle is facing toward the top and front of the spindle. Wilwood's instruction depicts this mount ing would have the calipers facing the top rear of the spindle where FFR has it to be mounted top front (again, unless I installed the spindles incorrectly). Again, my front spindles are installed to allow the wildwood caliper mounting bracket to face top front and the attached steering arm to face rear of car. Basically does it matter which way the calipers are mounted (facing) on the spindle? Any good photos of the front spindle area to make sure my is correct? And w/Wilwoods mounted?

Any help is appreciated.

Decided easier to add photo - this is my passenger right side spindle. Again, Wilwood's instructions show the two upper holes to mount the caliper bracket facing top rear - hence my concern.IMG_1495.JPG

Walter
    Last edited by racephotoman; 03-04-2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: add photo