Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Check your wiring if using Boyd tank and Stealth pump!

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Check your wiring if using Boyd tank and Stealth pump!

If you have or are going to be retrofitting the Boyd tank with the Stealth 340 pump, double check that your wiring is compatible. The Aeromotive diagram that comes with the tank shows a 30 amp circuit breaker and 10 Ga feed and ground for the pump. I believe the Ron Francis harness is only equipped with a 15 amp fuse so it's not just a simple swap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
    If you have or are going to be retrofitting the Boyd tank with the Stealth 340 pump, double check that your wiring is compatible. The Aeromotive diagram that comes with the tank shows a 30 amp circuit breaker and 10 Ga feed and ground for the pump. I believe the Ron Francis harness is only equipped with a 15 amp fuse so it's not just a simple swap.
    Thanks for the warning. I checked and the fuel pump out put from the LS harness appears to be 10 ga. I am looking in the install directions to confirm.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.