Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM seat belt bracket

Post Thanks / Like

GTM seat belt bracket

Does anyone know where I can find someone who can build the seat belt bracket modification that will allow me to mount the seat belts without having to remove some of the components? I know that MikesPMS used to but I haven't been able to connect with him. Does anyone have his contact info? I don't trust the way the manual has us modify the seat belts. As always, any help appreciated!
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I'm ditching the wacky dual reel Corvette seat belts and going with a more traditional single reel system (Toyota in my case). Plus a 5 point camlock of course...
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    I agree. I'm ditching the wacky dual reel Corvette seat belts and going with a more traditional single reel system (Toyota in my case). Plus a 5 point camlock of course...
    Will the Toyota seatbelt assembly work with the GTM without having to modify things? If so, what year and model are you using?

Thanks,
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    They are 2004 Celica belts. Going to weld in tabs hat match the native angle of the reel.
    Did you read this thread? There are 2 issues with the Corvette seatbelts- removing critical safety components to make them 'usable', and the critical mounting angle is not right which is not safe.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/42-fact...ts-work-2.html

... about what was removed per the FF instructions. This inertia sensor is the primary sensor mechanism. With it removed, the seatbelts do not conform to federal motor vehicle safety standards. They do have a secondary lockup mechanism. But this secondary mechanism will not protect you as well, and may not protect you at all in a rollover. I hope all you that have completed your build saved this part. You need it.
    There is no question that the sensor assembly that FF shows to be removed, is critical. It is the primary locking mechanism. Not to try to scare you, but there is no way I would ride in a supercar with seatbelts that has had that mechanism removed. If you still have the sensor assy, put it back it. If you don't, I would be looking for replacement belts. It is that important.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this beeman!!! I am lacking on some of this older information since I decided to build a GTM. I was pretty much sold on the 33 Ford until one rainy weekend kept me off the boat, and I found the GTM. I had done years of research on the 33 Ford before changing to the GTM. I did about 8 months of research on the GTM before my kit arrived and some of this stuff I originally didn't even know to search for. So its a great familiarization for guys like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why FFR wouldn't just weld the mount on the frame in the correct way so you don't have to remove some of the safety components of the system. Seems very odd to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was there a specific reason you went with 2004 Celica belt system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith1 View Post
    Was there a specific reason you went with 2004 Celica belt system?
    No, it was just in a car I tore apart.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3