Post Thanks / Like
    Mark this is awesome
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    saw that over on facebookgram. Nice!

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    1200HP -- that'll get your attention. Now I hope FFR is going to make an NHRA legal cage for that truck or at least use chassis components that you could weld a cage to that would pass NHRA chassis cert. The 1.5" square tube used in the 33HR is not an NHRA compliant chassis member to weld a roll bar or cage to (2018 Sec-21 4:10) and these cars are just crying to be made into street / strip machines. With that much power we want to see that thing doing regular duty on the drag strip.

How about it FFR, you're an American company -- cross over from your European inspired road course comfort zone and dip a toe into the straight line acceleration game that was born in America back when hot rodding was young and wild. You've got the SCCA boys and girls covered with track-worthy models -- give us a kit we can assemble and go drag racing in without modifying your chassis to meet NHRA requirements. If Dodge can build drag racers in street clothing y'all can build a drag race-worthy hot rod kit be it truck or three-window coupe.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently, there are three major race trucks on the board for 2018. Customer Erik Treves is building a high-horsepower pro-street truck. Hot Rod Magazine's Mark Gearhart is going to give Erik a run for his money, and the crew here at Factory Five is building a NASCAR 900 HP drift truck for Joey Logano later this year. In the meantime, the crew here is building a production street truck with full fenders and Coyote power.

The truck projects mentioned above will not have a cage that would pass NHRA chassis cert. This will have to wait until truck production is in full gear and will likely be a fully custom project.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I love those trucks! To see the level of these builds is almost unbelievable....thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark-

I look forward to following along. That is going to be one heck of a truck!

Will you be posting updates here, or just on HotRod.com? Good luck with the progress.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Way too much for me.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks so cool!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the look of this truck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll post to both places.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Mark-

I look forward to following along. That is going to be one heck of a truck!

Will you be posting updates here, or just on HotRod.com? Good luck with the progress.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this is associated with Hoonigan in Long Beach. I live just a few blocks away and every time I turn off the freeway exit off-ramp I peek into their lot. Always neat things in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gearhart View Post
    Mark;
    looks like a fun project, I will be following along and looking forward to seeing it at SEMA.

I love that you chose the same wheels I have been set on since I started my 33HR build. Being from KC I buy local when
    I can and watching the 3 Weld boys race sprint cars in my youth I prefer to buy a product with their name on it.
    The Black body and silver edges on those wheels follows the theme on my 3G Hemi dress-up parts so it all ties in.
    Dale
    7L 6pack Hemi 33
    Last edited by myjones; 03-12-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's not, building it in my garage though they will do a feature on it once it's done. It's Hot Rod Magazine project.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
    I hope this is associated with Hoonigan in Long Beach. I live just a few blocks away and every time I turn off the freeway exit off-ramp I peek into their lot. Always neat things in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've had Weld RT-S wheels on other cars and really like the fit and finish. This will be an 18x10 front and 20x11.5 rear.

Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    Mark;
    looks like a fun project, I will be following along and looking forward to seeing it at SEMA.

I love that you chose the same wheels I have been set on since I started my 33HR build. Being from KC I buy local when
    I can and watching the 3 Weld boys race sprint cars in my youth I prefer to buy a product with their name on it.
    The Black body and silver edges on those wheels follows the theme on my 3G Hemi dress-up parts so it all ties in.
    Dale
    7L 6pack Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mark,

Aren't you in HB? Wanted to come by and check out progress from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Corona, so a little inland.

Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007 View Post
    Hey Mark,

Aren't you in HB? Wanted to come by and check out progress from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Can someone move this to the projects sub forum? I accidentally posted it here.

My truck showed up Friday. Overall, looks considerably easier (sheet metal wise) than the Roadster/Challenge car. Missing a few boxes that I will wait for before I start. Already have the Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes with an extra set of rear calipers for the hydraulic E-brake, along with a Moser rear end. Wheels are supposed to ship this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Factory Five is building a NASCAR 900 HP drift truck for Joey Logano later this year.
    I saw it last month when I was at FF.

The 1200HP twin turbo "The Drift Rod" article just came out in the latest HR mag edition (Aug), pg 74.
    Anybody know the paint code for that Ford Liquid Blue? Would love to paint my 33 the same color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Anybody know the paint code for that Ford Liquid Blue? Would love to paint my 33 the same color.
    There was no paint code released. Ford Custom Color.

The Production GT is actually Riviera Blue and RS is Nitrous/Nitrous Grip Blue. There's also Hugger. The closest color to liquid is probably Kona Blue....
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Mark's write up about receiving his '35 Hot Rod Truck kit and getting ready to start the build on Hot Rod's website here.

Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't, but I have found another blue that I like just as much. I tried to find it but I didn't have any success.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    I saw it last month when I was at FF.

The 1200HP twin turbo "The Drift Rod" article just came out in the latest HR mag edition (Aug), pg 74.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here's the blue I am going to use, painted by "Da Bat"

https://ringbrothers.com/1965_mustang_ballistic

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I haven't been in here much, been busy with the day job and the Truck has been sitting for about a month since I got it.

Finally kicked off the Truck build Friday. The guys from Hot Rod came by my home garage and we wrenched on the Truck for about 8 hours. Our goal was to get it into a roller but didn't have caliper brackets and received two left, rear control arms - it was my fault for not checking that before hand. The entire front suspension, minus the calipers, is done. In about an hour's worth of work the rear end will be in and she will be a roller. After that, it will be sheet metal/fuel system time.

Here's the second story on "preparing for your Factory Five" - will have a front suspension story soon! - https://www.hotrod.com/articles/prep...five-delivery/

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the wheels on this thing but the rears are a little to small for me. I am going a bit wider on my Hot Rod build.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I wanted wider but there's not a lot of performance handling tires above a 325 in a 20-inch diameter. Pilot Sport Cups are available at $556/tire in a 345, but I am also sponsored by Toyo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted wider but there's not a lot of performance handling tires above a 325 in a 20-inch diameter. Pilot Sport Cups are available at $556/tire in a 345, but I am also sponsored by Toyo.
    Yeah my Hot Rod is being targeted for the cruise and the look. I "might" take it down a 1/4 or 1/8 mile track a time or two but mostly it will be for driving.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Erik and Da Bat came over to help us on day 2 of the Truck build. It's now a full roller! We also got the pedal box and firewall sheet metal handled. Jeff will take the truck in 2-3 weeks to get the body panels sorted for paint them bring me back the roller. From there, I will install the motor/trans and get it to my fab guy to get the turbo manifolds built.

29. Likes The_Compound liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erik and Da Bat came over to help us on day 2 of the Truck build. It's now a full roller! We also got the pedal box and firewall sheet metal handled.....
    Looking forward to following this build, great work so far!

Can you please provide a bit more info about the brakes? Specifically the front. What size master cylinders are you using and did you have to modify the spindles much? Let me know, thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a hydraulic hand brake and a second set of calipers for drifting?
    Chris
    Mark IV Roadster #7679
    Coyote 5.0, T56, Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Torsen Diff, Wilwoods, Hydraboost, ABS Power Brakes, Power Steering, & tons more extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here's all the details on the front brakes - https://www.hotrod.com/articles/fron...ild-drift-rod/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Compound View Post
    Looking forward to following this build, great work so far!

Can you please provide a bit more info about the brakes? Specifically the front. What size master cylinders are you using and did you have to modify the spindles much? Let me know, thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes that's correct!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for the delay on updates here. I gave Da Bat the truck for about 1.5 months so he could get the panels square and get working on the body. I got the chassis back before thanksgiving and been busy with work and Christmas prep. My goal is to get the motor/trans in the truck in early Jan. After that, my fabricator will handle all the turbo plumbing and it will be game on after then.

Here's the front suspension story and I am almost done with the rear suspension story. - https://www.hotrod.com/articles/fron...ild-drift-rod/

Post Thanks / Like
    Posted in error, sorry.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post
    Yes that's correct!
    Oh man, you removed the picture!
    Chris
    Mark IV Roadster #7679
    Coyote 5.0, T56, Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Torsen Diff, Wilwoods, Hydraboost, ABS Power Brakes, Power Steering, & tons more extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I didn't remove it, not sure what happened. The rear suspension story will be out soon where I explain more about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

40. Thanks erlihemi, chrisarella thanked for this post
    Likes chrisarella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like the direction your headed. Can't wait to see more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow!!! This truck is going to be incredible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast