Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More leaked pics: NEW COUPE?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More leaked pics: NEW COUPE?!?

Perhaps you've seen the announcement of Mark Gearhart's 1200HP '35 Hotrod Truck?

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...t-Rod-Magazine

In the video he posted, they once again show Jeremy Luchini working with a 3D rendering. Only this time, I'M POSITIVE it's the new COUPE!:

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

2. Likes nvenkat65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    David
    I love the shape on that one and what's not to like on the Gen 3 frame, but I don't recall if it uses C5/6 suspension parts or is using all Ford stuff?

Look at the Chrysler Firepower concept car from the early 2000's era. It is very close to the shape of that new coupe you posted but was on a Viper
    chassis and had the Gen 3 Hemi in it. Daimler Chrysler should have brought that to market to have a second product from the Viper chassis.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...cept&FORM=IGRE

Dale
    Last edited by myjones; 03-09-2018 at 06:24 AM.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard a few years ago from a FFR guy that the GTM replacement would be based on the Gen3 Type 65 frame. I really like the look of this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    David
    I love the shape on that one and what's not to like on the Gen 3 frame, but I don't recall if it uses C5/6 suspension parts or is using all Ford stuff?
    The Gen 3 Coupe is same as previous Coupes. All Ford related suspension parts. Exactly the same parts are used on the Mk4 Roadster BTW and many common to the 33 Hot Rod as well.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone remember the Ford-Shelby GR-1 Concept from 2005?

Ford-Shelby_GR1_Concept_2005_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg
    Ford-Shelby_GR1_Concept_2005_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Almost looks like the love child of that and an 818.

Post Thanks / Like
    very exciting - this could be very successful. I'm already wondering how to fashion an Aston martin shaped grill opening
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice looking!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, you've got my attention!

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks a lot like an Aston Martin. Would make sense to make the next modern "super-kit" share the Gen3 Coupe chassis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is FFR going to take a page from Tesla's playbook and take preorder indications of interest? IF so, call me Dave Smith, I want to be in line for chassis #2! (I fully expect you to keep #1!) So far I love what I see!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    One more criteria-it needs to be designed from the clean sheet to be weather proof. I want a car I can drive all the time not just on nice days.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

15. Likes fastfox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand these are initial drawings - not even supposed to be in public, but how wild do think the body needs to be to not get lost in all the other models that are out. Or is the body ok, the important part is being able to build it?
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

Post Thanks / Like
    This is interesting. Body looks very nice. Chassis looks more 818 esque than coupe from my first glance. Any other info out there on this?
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/idothingsquickly/videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope to see something close to this come to market. Sharp looking ride, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I just say "called it!"
    IMO this car is going to look quite a bit like an Aston Martin Vulcan...
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...738#post298738
    VERY happy FFR went this direction with it!
    All I have to say is that my wallet better start running... FAST!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi folks,
    I registered just for this one thread as I have started to shop for a FFR car.
    This rendering is exactly what I’m looking for but then I realized, it’s a Fisker Force 1
    http://www.force1supercar.com which is a rebody for the new G5 Viper (the force 1 was not received to well in the Viper community)

I really hope this is an actual FFR car but the similarities to the Force 1 is too striking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HotRod Magazine Article - Where Projects Are Born

Nice motor...

Sources at HB revealed that the wheelbase is stretched from the coupe. Also, I'd wager these are fairly early body design shots. The body seems to be missing details like panel gaps, doors...

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 05-04-2018 at 05:12 PM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post

HotRod Magazine Article - Where Projects Are Born

Nice motor...

Sources at HB revealed that the wheelbase is stretched from the coupe.

Dave,

Now all we have to do is convince Dave Smith to use someone "our" size as a model to see if they can actually FIT in the car! Don't know about you (but i can guess), but I ever got into a GTM, it'd take 4 big guys with a small crane to get me out! I'd be all over something like that in a size XXL.

Video

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by videodude View Post
    Dave,

Now all we have to do is convince Dave Smith to use someone "our" size as a model to see if they can actually FIT in the car! Don't know about you (but i can guess), but I ever got into a GTM, it'd take 4 big guys with a small crane to get me out! I'd be all over something like that in a size XXL.

Video
    I am able to fit in the Gen3 coupe. It has the largest cabin IMO. WAY bigger than a GTM. And if the new coupe is stretched from that we're looking GOOD! Especially if the can lower the bottom of the door compared to a gen3 coupe. That intrusion bar in the rendering above is pretty high though. We'll just have to wait and see how many frame changes they make for the new design.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am able to fit in the Gen3 coupe. It has the largest cabin IMO. WAY bigger than a GTM. And if the new coupe is stretched from that we're looking GOOD! Especially if the can lower the bottom of the door compared to a gen3 coupe. That intrusion bar in the rendering above is pretty high though. We'll just have to wait and see how many frame changes they make for the new design.

Yes, I second the motion to build the cabin, doors, and entry areas for those of us that are . . . of more imposing countenance!! The low roof line is cool looking, but I hope it is not too low. I drove a new Camaro, and found that even at my 5'9" height, the roof line was just too low. I don't know how someone over 6' would even get into one of those cars.

Every time I see these shots I love the new design more!!
    Last edited by Jazzman; 05-04-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Latest Spy Shot..

I got this from the summer newsletter just sent out:

I REALLY WISH FFR would release more pics of the new coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest Spy Shot..

I got this from the summer newsletter just sent out:

I liked the shot of the other truck chassis with down bars forward from the cage and a rounded chassis end on the front.
    Can you add that one here too David ?
    THX
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Was at the Factory Wednesday and Dave Smith gave me and fellow forum member Duke a great tour. He showed us the new project in depth and it looks pretty sweet. He said he believes he will unveil in June 30. It is a GTM replacement more or less that shares the same chassis with the Gen 3 coupe. I am going to leave it at that because Dave was very kind in showing us around and I dont want to share anything that he may not want shared yet.

The other truck in the shop is a full race caged truck for either Joey Lagano or Kurt Busch. I cant remember which one he said but one of them was so impressed with the race version of the coupe at the Fast and Loud shoot that they said they must have a truck. Dave said a $85k motor just showed up in shipping crate one day from the nascar guy and they are putting that in the truck. Here is a picture of that one. Looks like it will be pretty awesome
    Will be plenty more pics and video from tour in the coming days on my instagram @scottscobra

MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest Spy Shot..

+1 to that!! When will we get some more details? Soon I hope!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    The other truck in the shop is a full race caged truck for either Joey Lagano or Kurt Busch.
    Lagano drift truck. Shipped a cup motor up to Dave and team and said get to work

I'll let Dave and team share the details of the coupe when it's ready for the reveal. I will give a motor hint though that's right in front of you that no one has noticed yet. Go count the intake runners on those LS heads...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I'll let Dave and team share the details of the coupe when it's ready for the reveal. I will give a motor hint though that's right in front of you that no one has noticed yet. Go count the intake runners on those LS heads...
    What? How had I not noticed it was a V12 sitting in the rendering? I am now more confused then before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Lagano drift truck. Shipped a cup motor up to Dave and team and said get to work

I did. Reply#20, Nice Motor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    +1 to that!! When will we get some more details? Soon I hope!!

Regards,

Steve
    I just told you June 30th. Lol
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard the official reveal for this will be at the FFR open house later this month over Fathers Day weekend!!

LOL

Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Post Thanks / Like
    LS heads? Like the LS V12?
    http://v12ls.com/
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    I just told you June 30th. Lol
    Thanks Scott; clearly reading comprehension is not one of my strong suits!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Fascinating car being developed here making use of the Gen 3 Coupe chassis for a more modern looking GT. It's a smart move and I like what I'm seeing. Best of luck!!!
    Unfortunately for me, I can't wait for it to be revealed, in production and then through the early builds troubleshooting, which may be a year from now. I have no inside information, so I'm just guessing on that. Because, for personal reasons I want to start my first FFR Kit, a Gen 3 chassis based car, the Type 65 right now. So I placed an order for that a week ago and will go forward with that.
    Hey, maybe what's being developed will be my 2nd Build?? or for my neighbor, who has just completed a MKIV, his 2nd build?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brandle View Post
    Fascinating car being developed here making use of the Gen 3 Coupe chassis for a more modern looking GT. It's a smart move and I like what I'm seeing. Best of luck!!!
    Unfortunately for me, I can't wait for it to be revealed, in production and then through the early builds troubleshooting, which may be a year from now. I have no inside information, so I'm just guessing on that. Because, for personal reasons I want to start my first FFR Kit, a Gen 3 chassis based car, the Type 65 right now. So I placed an order for that a week ago and will go forward with that.
    Hey, maybe what's being developed will be my 2nd Build?? or for my neighbor, who has just completed a MKIV, his 2nd build?

Bob
    It's gonna be my 3rd.

39. Likes G_Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's gonna be my 3rd.

I think you have earned frame #2. I'll wait for frame #3!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I was contemplating an RCR Super Lite Coupe build next... but Factory Five may pre-win me back... I think FFR has the broadest array of kits...but lacks a true "Super Car" look. Based on what I'm seeing, they may be about to change that. Eventually a GTM that looks more like a CCX-R would be AMAZING.

See a need, fill a need... right!?!?!

You guys are awesome... can't wait to see the "finished" product!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    it's after june 30, you know...
    I'm dying to see it, but not being able to buy it until I finish the 818 and soften up the wife will kill me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they building a prototype for SEMA?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast