Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 19 Years of Beating Cystic Fibrosis! Help Jenny Stay Strong!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

19 Years of Beating Cystic Fibrosis! Help Jenny Stay Strong!

Photo above: Jenny (age 6) with her dog Sam. And Jenny today with her dog Westley a.k.a. “Crusty Dog”.

Many of you are aware that my daughter Jennifer was born with Cystic Fibrosis, and has been fighting this disease successfully since 1998. This year, her older sister Nicole is running the Boston Marathon in order to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation on behalf of Jenny. If you would like to donate ANY amount, you can click on this link to donate, and leave a note for Jenny.

Nicole (left) and Jenny

Nicole (left with Jenny’s other sister Madison) competed in a New Hampshire Tough Mudder event this past summer, and is getting ready to run the 122nd Boston Marathon with other CF family runners to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Jenny graduated from high school last year, and is a freshman at St. Anselm’s College in Manchester, NH. (sisters: Nicole, left and Madison, right)

Nicole Smith graduated from Babson College in 2017, and is working at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the company that makes a life saving CF medicine that Jenny is currently taking. This will be Nicole’s first marathon. She was a 4-year varsity field hockey player at Babson College.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Just sent my donation. Also helped George Daulton ladt week at the Cleveland car show selling Cobra raffle tickets for Cystic Fibrosis. Had a better location and it showed in the higher ticket sales volume this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donated $104.00.

$100.00 of my donation goes to Cystic Fibroses

$4.00 and change for administration.

Lots of progress is being made though the Cystic Fibrosis for a cure for this disease.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am super proud of Nicole but I was also hesitant to put this out since it seems there are a ton of charities that need support. Worse yet, I promised to support a customer while he ran the New York Marathon last year and I totally fumbled that one! Ugh.. Every time I feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day, I see someone doing twice as much as me and I get motivated! In any event and no matter where the donations come from, The CF Foundation is one of the better charities and the FFR community has literally been there for Jenny and other kids with CF since she was a little girl. I appreciate the donations for Nicole's effort. Truth is that the personal messages, prayers and friendship has meant more to me than money donations and more than I could possibly express. I'm so proud that my kids are close with each other and love and support one another. I think, as a parent, it's one of the things you most hope for with your children. Anyway, thanks for the stoke and support.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The London Cobra Show is one of the greatest charitable organizations around, as a benefit to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! I am always glad to support CF Foundation in any way.

Go, Nicole!!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, your story is important to you and who you share it with. Beautiful family and you should be proud and loud about those girls and their cause. You never know who you may touch with your story and charity.

You have no idea how you and your team touched me after a lengthy and deadly deployment to Afghanistan. FFR has been therapeutic and has given me a wonderful distraction from my many issues that arose from my 7th combat tour.

You keep doing you Dave! You are changing lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, Prayers, friendship, hope etc are all very important in our lives for God always has a plan, always! we may not always understand or even at times really want to accept God's plan, but if we humble ourselves before Him and accept His plan (God's will) for us. Everything works out for the best. For God always knows what is best for us.

Dave your family and daughter Jennifer especially are in my prayers, I always don't remember to pray for her, but I try to.

Sorry, but it brings tears to my eyes everytime I read, hear or think of people in need.

Dave, may God bless you and your family

David