Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for a single or pair of koni's

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a single or pair of koni's

I have a bent rear shock and need to replace it, so if you have upgraded I would be interested in your cast off ! I have already bought the lighter springs from Breeze so I am covered there. I believe the cause was from the body of the shock ( actually the treaded section of the preload sleeve ) hitting on the mount. I have removed the interference but have not driven it yet. While working on the car I have been trying to see how much the suspension would move with the lighter springs and was noticing it was not really moving....and the side with the bad shock would not settle to within 1 to 2 inches of the opposite side of the car when set down on the wheels. I put a jack under the frame and lifted the car off of the suspension and you could see the axle travel with the body and then suddenly drop as the weight of the rear etc. over came the stiction in the shock.

Any how, if you have an odd ball shock or pair please let me know ! I am assuming that all the kits have shipped with the same basic shocks, mine is # 502 from early 2012 if there is a difference.
    Thanks for any help.
    [email protected] or 443-280-7843 if you have one !

Post Thanks / Like
    What weight did you have and what weight did you get from Breeze?
    I'm asking as the other day I assembled my rear suspension and found out there are errors in the manual (see below).
    For example, manual say:
    1) rear Koni's are longer than the fronts
    2) rear springs are 250 lbs.

What I received were matching front and rear shocks, both same length.
    The springs were 300 lbs, not 250.
    A call to FFR confirmed they sent the wrong parts, I removed the shocks to send them back.
    Another call 30 min later said the manual was wrong.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have both fronts (with springs) and rears (without springs) that have been mounted but never on the road. these are the single adjustable Koni coil-overs supplied in the 33HR kit. The rears are silver and the fronts are red (can be run inverted). Half price sale -- buy one at the best price you can find and you get another shock for the price of one. You pay shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the offer NAZ, but I think I am going to bite the bullet and change the shocks, Summit has their brand double adjustable rears that I believe will work part number SUM-Q773501( which I believe is the same as the QA1 ) 17 " extended length, along with QA1 DS403 for the fronts these are single adjustable and 15 " length. I was going to use the trust washers and I have the 250 # springs from Breeze for the rears and the 350# springs for the fronts. The car has an LS3 and TKO500 with a three link with new control arms with the rod ends, does this seem like a decent setup ? Can anyone verify that these are the correct shocks to use ? I can't seem to find any posts that list replacement part numbers.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Jim