Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How fast will the GTM go?

Post Thanks / Like

How fast will the GTM go?

The Texas Mile is upon us 23-25 March. Troy's GTM has been refined and may have a bit more to offer than the 194 it did last year. Anyone think it can bust 200?

For me, I'm going for the worlds fastest production factory bagger motorcycle. Fastest that I can find is 155 with bags and I'm hoping to beat that by at least 5mph, but do it in a mile.

Victoria Texas, feel free to come on down and enjoy.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Troy should shoot for Big Red's Texas Mile Record.

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he's nuts doing 200 in it.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    I think he's nuts doing 200 in it.
    What is the status of your 200 mph Cobra you are building?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dang, I'd love to come down and watch you guys but unfortunately can't come this year.

Good luck to you both!

And yeah, get that cobra done!
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Too much work on my plate. Barely have time for anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too much work on my plate. Barely have time for anything.
    Well hope you get some time in the future. That thing was pretty awesome when I visited. Would love to see it on the track!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    We find out today. My prediction is that we see a number with a 2 in front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might not be as many runs today as planned. Apparently they have been delayed at least two hours getting started. Testing timing equipment apparently..

Post Thanks / Like
    Timing equipment out almost all day. Did get in an initial run. Car cutout badly when he hit nitrous for about two seconds before cutting the nitrous off. So basically a run without nitrous and two seconds of misfiring.

200.4 mph.

There you have it. There is now a GTM that can in fact go 200 mph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My prediction is that we see a number with a 2 in front.
    A modern day Nostradamus.

Now get your cobra done and join him.
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned it on the other site. I managed 163.0 with bags. My Motus is now the worlds fastest production bagger motorcycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too old to consider that kind of speed in anything that doesn't come with wings designed to make me airborne. That kind of speed belongs to a much younger crowd.
    At that kind of speed things go badly far to quickly. Congrats to Troy. That being said, on paper our 65 should be similarly fast, just not with me in it.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I can even imagine 163mph on a bike. Great googely moogely! You know they make cars right? Cool things, you may have herd of them. 4 wheels, relaxed seating position, no death wobble that tries to throw you off at 150 because of a slight imbalance? I'm just kidding, but I have always figured that you bike land speed guys are nuts. I had a friend in high school whos dad was always going for one record or another. The fastest I have ever been on a bike was about 85mph and that felt super fast to me at the time. Thought I was going a lot faster, looked down and was kind of disappointed. Thinking of going almost twice as fast makes my eyes go all fuzzy. Well done you complete lunatic. Well done indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Standing mile is nothing. Try going that fast down the front straight at Willow with turn 1 coming up fast, or even worse, the old turn 2 at Laguna.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned it on the other site. I managed 163.0 with bags. My Motus is now the worlds fastest production bagger motorcycle.
    Ok, I'll admit it: You've got bigger stones than I do! I've done 105 on my bagger and decided that was enough for me. It had more, but I didn't! Congratulations!! But as so many have said before, no pics = it didn't happen!! What's up mike? where's the photographic evidence?!! Not that we don't believe you or anything . . .

Most importantly, you came back in one piece to tell the tale. Be safe!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

I have already said it, but it's worth saying again: Huevos Grande Amigo!!

That goes for both of you by the way Mike! Even at my most fearless, I can say with confidence that there is no way I would have even considered such a feat; and I have done some pretty crazy stuff...

Congratulations to you and Troy! It is pretty extraordinary! You have both my admiration and my respect!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. Troy did a single pass and parked it. He has the time slip but I doubt any photos. I bought a video and photo package and I'm supposed to get it all in about another week. Don't think I mentioned. I did an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 nonstop form Atlanta to the event on the bike and also rode it home afterwords. I figure if you are claiming to be the worlds fastest touring bike you better be able to crank out 1000 miles in a day, so what better time than enroute to the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    1000 miles on a bike in a day? Thanks for confirming that for all of us. You're either a meth addict a total lunatic. Respect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike - I once rode my 2012 Kawasaki ZX14R from Northwest Iowa to Birmingham Alabama for the Barber Motorsports Park Vintage Fest, it was about 1,100 miles each way but I slept 2-3 hours halfway through both times to avoid riding tired. I love the Motus bikes, born in Birmingham also, and my hat is off to you for the multitude of accomplishments and speed records! I've had my 14R to 196.4mph without bags and when the Givi V35's are on I worry about the flex in the mounts around 140. The great Kawi is no longer in my life, but I have been eyeing the new KTM Superduke 1290R & GT lineup.
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hearing the market hasn't warmed to the GT and they can be had for a good price. Now might be the time to jump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last April I did a little over 1100 miles in 19 hours. I was hoping for a 50CC Quest but ended up having problems and replacing a chain in Phoenix on Easter morning. Still made it from Jacksonville to Santa Monica in about 60 hours. This past Tuesday was my second annual road trip, 10 days, 10 states and 4100 miles.
    163 on a bagger??? You're the king.
    Tim.

Knowledge is good-Faber.

I'm so broke I can hardly pay attention-Me.

Post Thanks / Like
    115 on a XT600 enduro with knobbies, the black top feels like your riding on sand.
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum