Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM ready for paint

Post Thanks / Like

GTM ready for paint

I was sorry to see my other thread got locked regarding my concerns with my GTM's body quality. I don't want to see FFR damaged or for the GTM to be discontinued. I would like them to address some significant issues and improve the build experience for those coming after me. I had tried to respond to a post from Erik on the thread but it was locked just before I could post this response: I have spent most of my time on the other forum, mainly because I have found the "search" function much more helpful. I have started 41 threads there and have posted 141 times, that may be only a few by some standards as Erik stated. I have posted about my concerns with electrical issues, instruction manual frustrations, seat belt concern, among many others. Mostly I have posted questions about my build. There is no way someone with my limited build experience could have gotten this far with my GTM without the kind and generous help from the other forum. My dad, who is 87 years old, and I have had a great time together with this project. We are both physicians so this has been way out of our wheelhouse. We have learned a ton of things, this build would be so much easier if only I could do it in reverse! My frustration with this experience is that there have been many headaches that have been needless. I may not be a car guy, but I'm pretty sharp when it comes to reading and following instructions in a book, and the GTM manual leaves a lot to be desired. Shane should be on FFR's payroll as he has given me much more assistance than FFR's helpline has. I really hope my comments will improve the situation for the GTM because the potential there is great.

Here's my GTM last week just before the body was removed for paint:

GTM white.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you persevered through the challenges. A GTM is quite a first car project!

Keep us posted, would love to see the completed project.
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Keith,

I don't appreciate you starting a thread after another is closed so you can continue to complain about FFR and now you are actively promoting "the other forum" over this one. This goes against the Code Of Conduct Agreement.

Continued abuse like this can and will result in an infraction.

I'm not deleting the thread (you got your response in so I'll give you that) but this thread is closed.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)