BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Roborace car to run at Goodwood

Post Thanks / Like

Roborace car to run at Goodwood

I'm interested in seeing how this car does. Hopefully it doesn't take out any spectators, maybe they will run it when there are no spectators.
    Cool technology, but I hate to see the human element taken out of racing...

https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/13...t-goodwood-fos

MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

2. Likes SLOKarl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an engineer I have contemplated such a vehicle many times. As a race car driver I don't ever want to see one of those on a track. It completely removes the human element from the equation, and, as an engineer that is great, but from a practical racing perspective it has no place. The "race" would come down to who can process information faster and who could implement those adjustments faster. At that point we all may as well be operating virtual cars in computers, and we got plenty of ten year olds doing that already.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

4. Likes SLOKarl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree. I find this vehicle fascinating as an engineer. However, as a former race car driver, I would not want to run on the same track with them. The driver's skill is what makes racing a sport - and what makes it fun.
    FFR1286K. I completed and licensed the Mark I in 2006. Full carbon fiber body. I painted it Crystal Blue Mica. Fuel injected 302 Ford engine balanced and blueprinted, GT40 intake manifold, GT40 heads and lots of performance parts, aluminum radiator, T5 transmission, 3:55 limited slip differential, Cobra disc brakes (4 wheel), Cobra R wheels, 16 gallon fuel cell, Lexan windshield, Cobra Monaco S FIA seats, RCI racing seatbelts.