Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 Factory Five 818s with Soft Top for sale. Asking $20,000

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Factory Five 818s with Soft Top for sale. Asking $20,000

Hi everyone. I am sad to have to sell my 818s that I just recently purchased from someone who built it. My life circumstances have changed and the car is not practical for my family right now. The car runs amazing and will be definitely enjoyed by the new owner.

The Basics:

~5,400 miles since completed in 2015
    Red Gel Coat (unpainted)
    Frame #264, Black Powder Coated
    2004 WRX sedan donor

Engine:

JDM EJ205 (approximately 57k miles on the motor) from JDM Racing Motors (includes AVCS hardware, but it is not wired up)
    AWIC from FrozenBoost with dual heat exchangers in the side intakes
    Currently running Cobb Stage 1 (will include the Cobb AccessPort)
    Cobb Intake
    Nameless lightweight crank pulley
    STi oil pan, baffle, and pickup
    Custom exhaust includes a bellmouth downpipe, catalytic converter, and a muffler (I will also include components for 2 other exhaust configurations – larger muffler with no cat and stock catted downpipe with no muffler, so you can adjust to your taste).
    Lightweight Battery mounted in rear

Brakes/Wheels/Tires:

H6 Rear Brake upgrade
    SS Braided Brake Lines
    Factory Five Wheels with Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec Tires
    Fully de-powered Steering Rack – very smooth

Exterior:

FFR Soft Top and side curtains
    Carbon Fiber Add-ons from FFR (front splitter, diffuser, and spoiler installed). I also have the side sills, but have not installed.
    Replica Parts engine cover hinges

Interior:

Vinyl covered dash and door panels from FFR
    Complete carpet set (a few pieces have not been installed, but will be included)
    NRG steering wheel with quick release
    Sparco Sprint seats with G-force camlock 6 point harnesses
    FFR Harness bar
    Bluetooth amp tucked up under dash with 2 speakers in foot wells
    Subaru center console modified to fit including small glove box, cup holder, phone tray, OEM 12V auxiliary plug, and carbon fiber panel with 3 gauges (oil pressure, voltage, and boost)
    FFR trunk kit (fits the soft top and a tool bag, plus a few other small items)

Other:

Zero Decibel Motorsports Parts: Shift Linkage, Oil Fill Tube and Cap, Turbo Heat Shield, Coolant Tank Relocation Kit, ABS delete plugs, and harness bar standoff
    SS Braided Clutch line

Wheel wells and various other panels coated with 3M rubberized undercoating for OEM look and sound deadening
    Various extras not installed including the WRX dashboard, the OEM Air-to-air intercooler, an MR2 shifter and various spare parts.

Car’s fuel gauge is not working. Other than this the car is awesome. PM me or Text me at 954-817-2232 if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to see you selling already. Good luck with the sale. To the eventual buyer, it would be great to keep in touch. My kids were already trying to convince me we needed to go to Florida soon so they could visit the car (they miss it a lot).

Happy to answer any questions, but don't want to step on Tim's toes. I'm also not on the forums as much anymore, so I might be slow to respond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a dyno plot and a photo of the trunk install (as opposed to the FFR stock photo)?
    What's wrong with the fuel gauge (sensor, gauge, wiring short)?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about wrong photo

Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    Do you have a dyno plot and a photo of the trunk install (as opposed to the FFR stock photo)?
    What's wrong with the fuel gauge (sensor, gauge, wiring short)?
    I do not have a dyno plot. Sorry about the wrong photo. I meant to upload the actual one and now when I tried it is not letting me for some reason. I can text you the photo if necessary. I am 99% sure the fuel gauge is a wiring short because I have tried two new FF sending units without success.

Post Thanks / Like
    The float could also be hanging up on the front wall of the fuel tank if you still have the original tank. Happened for me in the first year when I built the car. I bent the arm backwards a bit and didn't have a problem again after that (2+ years).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bill! I noticed that the gauge started moving again today and I am hoping it may have just been stuck and now might be working again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys have some more pictures (higher res preferably) or links to old build threads that have them?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the previous for sale thread. There are a few more pictures. I also have a build thread on here, but I wasn't great at updating it or posting pictures. https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...nd-on-the-road

Post Thanks / Like
    I've sent a couple PM's but not had any replies (one PM seems to have been "lost" in cyberspace though so who knows if it actually sent or not).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    I've sent a couple PM's but not had any replies (one PM seems to have been "lost" in cyberspace though so who knows if it actually sent or not).
    The car is now listed on Bringatrailer.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes this is correct. The car as of yesterday is on bringatrailer.com. However, if it doesn’t sell for at least my reserve, I will update that here.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the hole in the lower right corner of the rear bumper for? Was that from one of the other exhaust configurations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold for $18,888. That seems pretty good considering the buyer will have to pay the extra 5% to BaT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is officially sold and heading to California.