Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weathershield HP Cover with Wind Wing Mirrors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weathershield HP Cover with Wind Wing Mirrors

Looking for confirmation that the Weathershield HP cover will play nice with a car that uses wind wing side mirrors rather than body mounted side mirrors. The cover appears to have a mirror pocket that is intended for body mounted mirrors. Thanks in advance.

-Karl
    --
    MKIV Roadster #8641
    Complete Kit with IRS, Eaton Detroit Truetrac, 3.55 gears, Wilwood Brakes
    Ford Racing Z427 w/ Pro-M Sequential Port EFI System
    TKO 600 + McLeod Midshifter; Fast Freddie's Electro-Hydraulic power steering
    Miller Customs Bodywork & Paint

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Weathershield HP with side view mirror attached to the windshield brace. It sticks out about 5 1/4" off the brace. I have no problems/concerns about the fit. The mirror hits the cover just below a seam and the cover is loose enough so there is no stress on it where the mirror hits it. I hadn't even thought about it until your post. Based on your question, I may put a small piece of duct tape under the cover where the mirror is but over 9 months, covered 95% of the time I have not seen undue wear.
    Mk4 Complete kit #8469: Levy Racing Stage 5 with Inglese stack. TKO 600, 3 link rear suspension. FAST Sportsman with dyno-tune. APE hardtop. Father & Son project, delivered Nov 2014, completed June 2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have wind-wing mounted mirrors (Dream Car Company I think(?), sold by Breeze) and have a couple Carcoverworld covers. I have the Dustop indoor breathable cover that my car hibernates in and Weathershield HP model that I travel with. In both cases, the covers work without issue. I just fold down my sun visors and push the wind-wings in a little if I feel I need to. On the road, the HP cover will actually fit OK with the wind-wings in their conventional position but I usually push them in to prevent inadvertent damage to my mirrors or the wind-wings. Having just the right tension on the wind-wing mounts makes it easy and relatively simple to re-adjust the passenger side mirror too.
    Sean
    MK 3.5 roadster (MK IV body retrofit to MK III chassis) 396W stroker, 4 bbl mass air EFI, QH (self-tuned), AFR 195CC Renegade, XE274HR, GP 4-1-4 SS headers, 3link, 3.73, 15" Halibrand replicas, SAI mod, bumpers, 2 X roll bars, IČ electronics, PS, hydroboosted brakes: 95 GT front, custom MK VIII calipers/Cobra discs rear, FFR front, Levy rear LCA's, Forte front, VPM rear bars, CF dash, mod comp layout w/Auto Meter Ultra-Lites, Lucas tri-bar headlights, coupe taillights, painted by SRP (again!)

Post Thanks / Like
    AEBF1AE1-FEAF-46EE-BF25-B087331AD096.jpeg

Fits fine. I fold the wind wings and visors. Windshield mount mirror, dual roll bars.
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.