BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Build School - Money and Time Well Spent!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Build School - Money and Time Well Spent!

My wife and I attended Build School this past weekend. Such a great class. All the tips and tricks were great. Love that the school has all the nice modifications and upgrades from most of the vendors here on the forum. Seeing them live and being able to see how they will work on the car was another great benefit.

A HUGE thank you to our instructors, Charles and Scott. GREAT JOB! All the people we met were awesome as well. From Canada, South Carolina, Ohio, New York, Texas and us from Illinois. Great to hear people's plans and talk through how they plan to build.

This was well worth the time and money. Just the details on the windshield screws alone will save broken windshields for years to come.

The Blue Print engine we put in the car, a 306 EFI was amazing. Looked great, ran well and had tons of power. Nice power plant!

Paid for our kit this morning and should be picked up by Stewart in the next couple weeks, pending any further delays.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ILPBFoot;317083]My wife and I attended Build School this past weekend. Such a great class. All the tips and tricks were great. Love that the school has all the nice modifications and upgrades from most of the vendors here on the

That’s great to hear, I am signed up to attend in May!
    I didn’t know they would have some of the vendor upgrades there to look at...very beneficial!!
    I bet the time just flew by.

Jimmy

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations

I’m sure you will enjoy the build and the thrill of driving it once it’s complete

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ILPBFoot View Post
    My wife and I attended Build School this past weekend. Such a great class. All the tips and tricks were great. Love that the school has all the nice modifications and upgrades from most of the vendors here on the forum. Seeing them live and being able to see how they will work on the car was another great benefit.

A HUGE thank you to our instructors, Charles and Scott. GREAT JOB! All the people we met were awesome as well. From Canada, South Carolina, Ohio, New York, Texas and us from Illinois. Great to hear people's plans and talk through how they plan to build.

This was well worth the time and money. Just the details on the windshield screws alone will save broken windshields for years to come.

The Blue Print engine we put in the car, a 306 EFI was amazing. Looked great, ran well and had tons of power. Nice power plant!

Paid for our kit this morning and should be picked up by Stewart in the next couple weeks, pending any further delays.
    Glad to hear we hopefully made a believer out of you !!!! let me know when you're ready to talk engines!

[email protected]
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scubasommer;317096]
    My wife and I attended Build School this past weekend. Such a great class. All the tips and tricks were great. Love that the school has all the nice modifications and upgrades from most of the vendors here on the

That’s great to hear, I am signed up to attend in May!
    I didn’t know they would have some of the vendor upgrades there to look at...very beneficial!!
    I bet the time just flew by.

Jimmy
    Jimmy,

Yes 3 days went by in a flash. Take tons of notes! So much information and so quickly! It all becomes a blur. If you take good notes it helps tremendously.

Steve & Heidi
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    Glad to hear we hopefully made a believer out of you !!!! let me know when you're ready to talk engines!

[email protected]
    Johnny,

I am a believer. You and I have been talking via email.

I'll order the 427 about mid July hoping for a Oct 1 delivery. Chassis should be ready for the install by then.

Thanks for the warranty info today.

Thanks

Steve Hewson

Post Thanks / Like

Build School

I was also at the school this past weekend with my son. I agree fully, Charles and Scott provided information that is worth many times what the expense for the course was.
    Met nice people and it kick started my build process. Cleaning out the garage and talking to FF to get an order in the system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have to say, that the Build School was the jump start I needed to tackle this project. I'm not certain I would have built the car had I not attended. It gets one familiar with the construction and builds confidence to take on this challenge.

As a side note, with so many graduating from the school, maybe we consider an alumni association. We already have the diploma so we would just add a ring, with a serpent embossed. And of course we would have a secret hand shake. (So secret no-one would know what it is...that way no-one could ever divulge it.) That's enough fun for one day.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny,

I am a believer. You and I have been talking via email.

I'll order the 427 about mid July hoping for a Oct 1 delivery. Chassis should be ready for the install by then.

Thanks for the warranty info today.

Thanks

Steve Hewson
    Not a problem! I put 2 and 2 together once i saw the email! thanks steve!!!!
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    those guys Rock
    tons to learn from them.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

It was nice meeting you and your wife at the build school. Yes the build school was awesome and I am pumped to start my build! I'll look forward to following your progress in your build thread (you ARE going to start a build thread, right?) Good luck to you both!

Regards,
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
    Steve,

It was nice meeting you and your wife at the build school. Yes the build school was awesome and I am pumped to start my build! I'll look forward to following your progress in your build thread (you ARE going to start a build thread, right?) Good luck to you both!

Regards,
    David
    David,

Great to meet you too. Yes likely will start a build thread. FFR has the kit finished and ready for Stewart. Contacted them today and looks like it will be delivered the week of April 2nd to 8th. Can't wait.

Steve