Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 302 Ford Radiator hose

Post Thanks / Like

302 Ford Radiator hose

I need to replace the lower radiator hose on a 302 in hotrod #381 which I will take to my guy at O Riellys and try to match up. Does anyone know if the hose is off a particular Mustang, Maverick, Pickup etc so I don't have to go through his entire inventory? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously doubt you will find a good fit from any parts store. The factory sent out SS flex hose/ cut to fit. I hate that stuff. I built my lower out of copper pipe with several angled fittings to get the fit right. You can always splice together a couple rubber hoses if you find the right combo.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    What year, make, and model sir? Auto trans? A/C? Engine size? Power steering? What, a Frankenstein car -- we don't have parts for those. No you can't go behind the counter and check our inventory.

I remember a time when parts people were car people and not much stumped them. Luckily for me Flagstaff has a couple gray-haired old hot rodders working at the local NAPA store. Trying to outfit a custom application is more work than it used to be. Like Ricky said, find a couple of hoses that look like the shape you need, one of them to fit the radiator and one to fit the water pump and splice them. There are small metal "pups" made for splicing radiator hose. Remember, the lower hose needs to be a stiff convoluted type or supported internally so it doesn't collapse when used on the suction side of the pump.

Have fun and remember, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    What year, make, and model sir? Auto trans? A/C? Engine size? Power steering? What, a Frankenstein car -- we don't have parts for those. No you can't go behind the counter and check our inventory.
    I love the "What year?" question...almost as much as I love responding "it's for a 33' Ford"!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    What part of custom did you not understand!DPP_33_-------000111.JPGDPP_33_-------000111.JPG
    Last edited by 1932; 03-16-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    this is what I used for my 302 engine.
    You won't be disappointed.

Bob

http://www.replicaparts.com/Hot%20Rod%20rad%20hoses.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. (At least most of them). It turned out not to be too big a deal I just wanted to know about the form fitted hose coming off the front of the motor and it turns out it is common to a number of applications. Similar to Dodgemans photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeman View Post
    this is what I used for my 302 engine.
    You won't be disappointed.

Bob

http://www.replicaparts.com/Hot%20Rod%20rad%20hoses.JPG
    Thanks Bob, I;m ordering one now. The flexible hose sucks and leaks. Did you also get the 90 degree small hose that connects to the thermostat housing? If not, who has those?
    Thanks, Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the flexible hose on a MKIII and have had it for many years with no problems. I used T-bolt clamps from McMaster though and not regular hose clamps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daweida View Post
    Thanks Bob, I;m ordering one now. The flexible hose sucks and leaks. Did you also get the 90 degree small hose that connects to the thermostat housing? If not, who has those?
    Thanks, Dan
    Dan,
    Mine came with the hose, but I have purchased them from NAPA.