You know, there's all this talk on this forum about keeping things cool this, need a large air duct that. I just thought it might be nice to provide some real cold hard facts about solutions that people running high boost can look into. I'll post more detailed information later, so I'll just outline some ideas and other people can chime in with their experience or advice.

1. Water injection - This involves getting a pump to move water from a tank to a nozzle that when forced to flow water at high pressures sprays an ultra fine mist that vaporizes in the blink of an eye in the environment of an engine. This subsequently cools down the air it's sprayed into leaving you a cooler, dense air charge. Retuning is suggested as the intake air temps will be lower and possibly into an area of the tables you haven't refined very well. That said you can get away without retuning if you need to.

2. Meth injection - Almost identical to water injection in application, but adds the benefit of giving your air charge more energy and raising your total octane rating. The only downside is that you need to tune for it as it WILL throw your mixtures off if your tune was solid.

3. IC Sprayers - It's amazing how much this actually helps. Just spray water on your intercooler and watch those temps drop. Just like your body producing sweat, the water on the IC absorbs heat from contact and then as it vaporizes cools the contact surface. The main drawback is that most systems are manually activated which I think is archaic. Ideally you'll hook it up to an output on your ECU of choice and set it to fire off at certain temps so it's automated and tuneable.

There's three big ones to start with. Who wants to go next?