Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member here! Anyone members in the Southeast?

Post Thanks / Like

New member here! Anyone members in the Southeast?

Hey all,

My name is Quent Sweeney. I've been looking into the 818C build over the last few months. I am still doing research and was wondering if anyone close to Wilmington, NC has an 818C that I could see in person? For reference, Wilmington is in the southeast part of North Carolina and located about an hour and a half from Myrtle Beach, SC. Most people know Myrtle Beach but have never heard of Wilmington.

Just wanted to reach out, and if possible, I would like to actually sit in an 818. I am 6' tall and weigh about 185lbs, everything I've read says I can fit but just wondering how comfortable it would be even if its just a weekend car.

Thanks in advance!
    -Q

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Q -

It's not Wilmington, but I'm to the west in Greensboro. I'm also working on an s instead of a c, so it may not be as helpful to see if you fit, but I'd welcome the visit if you're interested.

--Will

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the Southeast and I've BEEN to Wilmington on a beach holiday once. Does that count?

I'm in Atlanta and have an S. A guy down the road from me is building a C. PM me if you make it out this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    AZPete is about your size, maybe a little bigger. He describes getting in as an exercise in "folding up like a pocket-knife" but fits comfortably.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    I'm in the Southeast and I've BEEN to Wilmington on a beach holiday once. Does that count?

I'm in Atlanta and have an S. A guy down the road from me is building a C. PM me if you make it out this way.
    Thanks Hindsight! I havent been to Atlanta in a while but if I get down that way sometime this year, I will PM for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomacncheese View Post
    AZPete is about your size, maybe a little bigger. He describes getting in as an exercise in "folding up like a pocket-knife" but fits comfortably.
    Pocketknife....haha...yikes. Sounds challenging, but I think I would make do if it was comfortable (as comfortable as a race car can be) while driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Will,

Yeah man, I'll have to keep this in mind for sure. I would love to see any 818 haha. I'm guessing other than the roof, the S should have similar leg room and stuff. Maybe when you get closer to the end I could make a day trip to come check it out. Thanks for the invite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I'm the guy building the c down the road in Atlanta! Let me know if I can help. I am actually working on the headliner today. I am also using donor seats...so it is as tight as it gets. I fit @ 5' 11" perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsonmj View Post
    Hey, I'm the guy building the c down the road in Atlanta! Let me know if I can help. I am actually working on the headliner today. I am also using donor seats...so it is as tight as it gets. I fit @ 5' 11" perfectly.
    Thanks a lot Carisonmj. Do you have build thread that I can look at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I don't have a build thread but have taken loads of pics along the way. PM me if you want any specifics.