Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Ohio...any others??

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Ohio...any others??

Hello, My name is Brian. My father and I are planning to build a MK4 this year. I'm just starting to research and are amazed at the member support on this site. One recommendation I've read over and over is to find local owners and check out their cobras. Unfortunately, I have not found any in the regional forum. I'm in Springfield (between Dayton and Columbus) and would love to connect with you in the future. Let me know if you're out there
    We will definitely be at the London show this year...

Looking forward to the project and learning from a great group of cobra enthusiasts.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm far further South so with that said:

1. Welcome aboard & check out Edwardb's 2nd and 3rd builds.
    2. His workmanship is excellent and his builds are extremely well documented.
    3. Then watch the assembly videos put out by Factory Five.
    4. Also, buy the manual and read it a few times before you order your kit.
    5. Consider going to the build school if you have any serious doubts.

Factory Five 1st Video Link Shown Below:

https://youtu.be/NnJdjMKDC_g

Build School Video Link Shown Below:
    https://youtu.be/PtcRqUxvOMA
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-15-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brian. I’m near Toledo. My MK4 is in the final assembly stage after paint. You and your dad are in for an amazing experience. Truth is I’m going to miss this when mine is finished. Good luck and enjoy.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Lots of activity in the Ohio area. SE Michigan as well (where I'm at) but that's a few hours away from you. You're on the right track to attend the London show. Check out the Ohio Cobra Club.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Brian, I was born in Springfield been living in Va. since 1958 but still call Springfield home. I've been building my MK4 since Mar 23 of last year first start is very close. I have a build thread on the other forum.
    JR
    Last edited by jrcuz; 03-16-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    Reach out to my friend Steve Justice not far from you in Fletcher. He built an excellent Mk4 three or so years ago for which I did the body and paint. Really good, knowledgeable guy! He's not real active on this forum so you'll have better luck sending him a message on the other one. Here's a link to his graduation which will allow you connect to his profile to send him a Private Message

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ml#post4704017

Keep us updated and enjoy your build!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys. Already engrossed in a couple builds and busy researching!

Edward, I lived near Ann Arbor for 8 years and Milford, MI for 4 while I worked for GM. Spent quite a bit of time perusing the cobras during Woodward dream cruise over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian76 View Post
    Spent quite a bit of time perusing the cobras during Woodward dream cruise over the years.
    May have run into me or one of my cars doing that. Been doing the dream cruise with the Great Lakes Cobra Club for some years now. Really great times.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Brian,
    Welcome to the group.
    I'm in the cozy little town of Vermilion, a bit NE of you.
    We try to stop at Mechums Classic cars in Springfield whenever our drives take us that way. I'm
    in the final stages of a 289 USRRC build. Just about ready for paint, chassis is done. If you find yourself going northeast a bit, give me a heads up. [email protected]
    PeteH

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pete. I'll let you know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian,

Between Dayton and Columbus you should have no problem finding owners/builders who are willing to help and talk. I've been MIA on local activities for the last couple of years due to work but here are a few guys i know of

As Jeff said there's Steve in Fletcher.
    Chas lives in Sidney with another good build, he did his own bodywork & paint.
    Roy Edgar in Springboro is very active with the OCC and London show and posts often on both sites.
    I'm in Tipp City if you want to see a well worn and used MK1
    Last edited by Randy H; 03-18-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're on the west side of Columbus, probably an hour or so from you.
    Doug
    Former Design Director at FormaCars

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet, thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brian, I've been working on a MK4 build for about a year in Powell, just north of Columbus. I'd love to connect and share information and experiences.

Mark