Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Suspension travel

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like

Suspension travel

Thought some of you may like these.

ConeSlap1.jpgRearRebound.jpgSlalom1.jpgTireRoll1.jpgTireRoll2.jpg

Front tires are 285/35/18 RS3 Hankooks, Rear are 345/35/18 Hoosier A7. Front still has 500lb springs and Koni's. Rear has Qa1 DD601 with variable rate springs. Greatly improved the weight transfer and eliminated the rear wheel hop and skip.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    OffCamber1.jpg

I have to give my wife credit for having the Digital Canon Rebel for the above shots. The car is a ball to drive and once I get some more tuning time will be competitive with a driver that can match the tires.

Camber is about 2.5 degrees negative and Caster is about 7.5 degrees positive. 50/50 weight distribution with battery in back and full tank. About 2600lbs. The Hoosiers on rear are to limit wheel spin more than lateral slip. Car isn't quite pushing ...yet. Once it does push Hoosiers will go on the front. Driver isn't that quick yet.
    Last edited by erlihemi; 08-02-2018 at 01:22 PM.

3. Thanks TxMike64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    OffCamber1.jpg

I have to give my wife credit for having the Digital Canon Rebel for the above shots. The car is a ball to drive and once I get some more tuning time will be competitive with a driver that can match the tires.

Camber is about 2.5 degrees negative and Caster is about 7.5 degrees positive. 50/50 weight distribution with battery in back and full tank. About 2600lbs. The Hoosiers on rear are to limit wheel spin more than lateral slip. Car isn't quite pushing ...yet. Once it does push Hoosiers will go on the front. Driver isn't that quick yet.

Nice pictures... Just think what she could do with a real camera, like a Nikon.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017