Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to handle evap/vent line

Post Thanks / Like

How to handle evap/vent line

Hi All,

I've got a question about the evap / vent line. One of the 3 lines on the passenger side of the engine. My understanding is, the top lines comes from the fuel tank. The middle line returns to the fuel tank. And the bottom is for the evap / vent line. What are you all doing with that line?

Thanks
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grathke View Post
    Hi All,

I've got a question about the evap / vent line. One of the 3 lines on the passenger side of the engine. My understanding is, the top lines comes from the fuel tank. The middle line returns to the fuel tank. And the bottom is for the evap / vent line. What are you all doing with that line?

Thanks
    Glenn
    Thanks for asking that question, Glenn! I am in the exact same boat as you trying to figure that out. Did you find an answer? Can it be capped if I am not using the original charcoal canister?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you upload a photo of the line you're talking about? I'm not really following along with the description. In general, you can cap all of the evap related lines coming off of the intake manifold. Then run a vent line from the gas tank to any type of charcoal canister. At least that's the approach I took.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is how I handled mine. I ran a line straight to the ground I have yet to smell anything. Everything else is capped. You could do the same thing but add a canister
    Attachment 70511

As for the engine you can cap off any of the lines that belong to evap. I used the line on the manifold for my boost gauge.
    Last edited by redfogo; 04-10-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Can you upload a photo of the line you're talking about? I'm not really following along with the description. In general, you can cap all of the evap related lines coming off of the intake manifold. Then run a vent line from the gas tank to any type of charcoal canister. At least that's the approach I took.
    I will get a photo tonight when I get home. What we are seeing is three hard lines on the fuel rail. If my understanding is correct, the top line is the fuel intake, the middle line is the return and the bottom line is the evap line.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=1750171

Think this is what your looking for I think. Check image at the bottom.
    Last edited by redfogo; 04-10-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by melnjoel View Post
    I will get a photo tonight when I get home. What we are seeing is three hard lines on the fuel rail. If my understanding is correct, the top line is the fuel intake, the middle line is the return and the bottom line is the evap line.
    Those hard lines you're referring to are on the driver side and Glenn was asking about 3 hoses on the passenger side - that's what confused me.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/impre...llustration_3/

But yes, you can cap the evap line or attach a boost gauge to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Those hard lines you're referring to are on the driver side and Glenn was asking about 3 hoses on the passenger side - that's what confused me.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/impre...llustration_3/

But yes, you can cap the evap line or attach a boost gauge to it.
    Thank you! I hope I didn't hijack Glenn's question with the wrong info!