Quote Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
You can see that my sway bar still isn't mounted to the spindles. I took the rod ends to a local machine shop to have them cut down to size and still waiting to get them back. I didn't want to tackle that with my Dremel or sawzall.
A little late, but sometimes putting the power tools aside can be easier. I've cut two sets of them with a hack saw in a bench vise. Takes some elbow grease, but really not that bad. Touched them up on the disk sander when done.

Quote Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
I went to Auto Zone and used their "Loan A Tool" program to get the 36mm socket to tighten the axle nut. The specs in the instructions said to torque it to 98 ft lbs "+45 degree". I could not get it to budge past 98 ft lbs even when using a breaker bar against the wheel studs to stop the hub from turning, so there is no "+45 degrees" for me. Did anyone else have an issue with this? Is it anything to worry about?
Yes, worry about it. You need to get them tightened as spec'd. I tried something similar to what you're describing without much luck either. Waited until the wheels/tires were on and sitting on the ground, the drive train installed and in gear, and the e-brake set. With all that, it was rock solid and I could put my weight on the bar to tighten. Achieved the 45 degrees without too much trouble.