Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  59

Thread: Shark92651's MK4 Coyote Build #9327 - Graduated!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shark92651's MK4 Coyote Build #9327 - Graduated!!

My car is graduated! Shortcut to graduation pics

While my Kit is still about 3 weeks from delivery, I have actually started working on it already so I decided to go ahead and start a build thread so that I can consolidate all my updates and questions into a single thread. If you count the obsessive research I have been doing online, I guess you could say I have been "working" on it since December 2017. I attended the Mott Build School the weekend of 3/9 - 3/11, which I found to be excellent. I met a lot of cool people including a few more builders here in Texas.

I've always loved the Shelby Cobra as long as I can remember, and have thought about building a replica off and on over the years. I finally got my mind set that I was going to build a Factory Five roadster and with a tepid buy-in from the wife (she is coming around, or at least accepted it is inevitable now) it is on now. Besides, I was born in 1965 so it's like it was meant to be

Here is my planned build:

MK4 Complete Kit with IRS
    Coyote 5.0L
    Tremec TKO 600
    Quicktime Bellhousing
    Ford Performance Clutch
    Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing
    KRC Power Steering
    Koni single-adjustable shocks
    13" Wilwood brakes
    18" Halibrand Wheels
    Stainless side pipes

Other Upgrades
    Dual Breeze Stainless Roll Bars
    Russ Thompson Trunk Box (yes I'm going to cut the diagonals)
    Russ Thompson turn signals
    Competition Gauge Layout
    Leather Covered Dash w/ Glove Box
    USB Charger, 12V adapter, Footwell Lights (hidden under dash)
    Leather Removable Trans Tunnel Cover
    Leather Bucket Seats
    Leather Door Panels
    LED Headlights, turn signals, tail/brake lights, dash indicators

Color is undecided at this point, probably one of the first items I ever thought about and will probably be the last decision I make.

I'm really looking forward to this process and want to thank everyone that has helped me already and those that will in the future. This forum and it's participants are an invaluable resource! My experience with working on cars in not very extensive. I have installed LED lighting in the front and rear of my truck, replaced a radiator on my Z3 I used to own several years ago, and some basic maintenance, but that is about it. I've done quite a few jobs around the house (electrical, plumbing, etc.) and ran network wiring and camera systems in two offices so I know my way around tools, oh and I am REAL good at Googling and YouTubing.

Here is my one-car garage where I will be building. It's a little tight, but I have 1/2 of the 2 car garage just across from this one to store my body and boxes of parts. Up to this point I've just been getting this work area ready.

I had a large monitor and a Chrome Box at the office that were not being used so I mounted them on the wall over one of my workbenches and connected to my home WiFi - this should be very useful.
    Last edited by shark92651; 09-26-2020 at 07:32 PM.

2. Thanks copythat thanked for this post