On Saturday I got the wipers installed, which is something I needed to finish before inspection. In hindsight I probably should have just gone with some temporary clip-on wipers, but I bought these when I ordered the kit so I was going to install them. They were pretty straight forward to install following the instructions, but I do have a few tips. The holes are drilled at a pretty steep angle and to a size of 5/8". At first I tried to use the jig they provide while drilling. I found that that size bit was just grabbing too much on the jig or the body itself and was not working very well. I was hoping to find a 5/8" hole saw at Home Depot, but they don't sell one that small. In the end I just used the jig to mark the starting location with a Sharpie and then used a smaller bit, holding the drill next to the jig to approximate the angle. After I got a small hole started I used a step-bit up to 1/2", and clamped the jig back in place and ran the 5/8" bit to set the final size of the hole. With a 1/2" "pilot" hole already in place the 5/8" bit ran just fine in the jig.

I gave up trying to flare that stainless tubing they provide. It was just way too hard and my only attempt to flare it ended up with a lopsided flare. This was using the Eastwood flaring tool I borrowed from a friend. I ditched the stainless, went to Autozone and picked up a piece of the basic steel 5/16" tubing and flared that easily.

Another thing that wasn't completely obvious to me at first is that when you are ready to install the cable in the wheelboxes, you really need to remove the wheelboxes from the body and feed the cable into them while putting the tubing in place. At first I thought it just snapped into place but that doesn't work, at least not for me. And finally I did use a torch and bent the arms just a bit to bring the wipers down and more parallel with the base of the windshield. They work, but they don't really feel like quality wipers to me and in the end I'll probably rely more on Rain-X than the wipers.