FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  59

Thread: Shark92651's MK4 Coyote Build #9327 - Graduated!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tail light wiring

I only have a little time to work on the car this morning but I finished up the wiring for the tail lights. I tested and all functions are working: running lights, brakes, and turn signals. I followed the common recommendation and put the brakes on top. All of the bulbs have been replaced with LEDs. I added a ground on each side in the tab where the bottom quick jack bolt goes. For a third brake light, I spliced into the Rt brake light wire and ran a wire up into the trunk in the loom for the license plate light. I'm undecided if I will add a third brake light or not, but I will have the wire ready just in case.

I left about 6" of lead on the tail lights themselves, and the leads on the harness come to this spot. This looks to be enough to plug the lights in without too much extra harness dangling below. To avoid confusion with which is brake and which is turn, I used different connectors on each. The tail light with the male plug is brakes on both sides.

The red wire is for the third brake light. I will tap into the ground wire in the loom.

Last edited by shark92651; 05-19-2019 at 08:43 AM.