Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: clutch master not working-help

Post Thanks / Like

clutch master not working-help

My donor is a 2002 WRX and clutch master looks like oem piece with round knob
    on bottom. To reduce chance of air lock, I added some fluid to cylinder, then used syringe to pump fluid back thru slave to the master, filling it up. No leaks
    but when I pump clutch master to finish bleeding, I do not get any fluid out
    the bleed screw on slave cylinder. That can happen if slave cyl does not have
    some clearance so port is blocked but appears ok.

Ideas, and is the knob on bottom of slave functional or is it supposed to move??
    Thinking slave could be bad.

Thanks for any help.

Frank

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "knob" is a hydraulic damper to help lesson the blow to the transmission when launching the car.

I think you have slave/master confused and while I don't know for sure I'd start with the master. Disconnect the line and see if any fluid comes out when you pump it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phil1734 View Post
    The "knob" is a hydraulic damper to help lesson the blow to the transmission when launching the car.

I think you have slave/master confused and while I don't know for sure I'd start with the master. Disconnect the line and see if any fluid comes out when you pump it.
    Not confused. No fluid out of bleeder but like I said, I can rev pump fluid from slave bleeder, back thru line to clutch master. But then try to pump fluid from master by operating clutch pedal yields
    no fluid out of the slave bleeder when open. Disconnect clutch to see if clutch pushrod is depresssing the mater bore and preventing it from seeing the hole in master that get fluid .
    Probably take it out and try to bench bleed it. Thanks for info on damper.