Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Plumbing questions

Post Thanks / Like

Plumbing questions

Hi Everyone!

My questions today involve the crankcase ventilation system on an LS2, and AC compressor plumping, using a Corvette pump and Kooks headers.
    First, with the plenum reversed, the tube from the valley plate to the throttle body has to be lengthened. This is the outlet for the oily gasses. Where the the air enter? Is it the plastic port, now in the front of the plenum, which has a 90 degree angle? I have aftermarket valve covers with no holes in them,
    Second,,,, Has anyone ever used Kooks headers with a corvette AC compressor? There isnt much room between the header and compressor. If so, how did you plumb lines into it. It has the double, one bolt connection, 5/8 tube. I bought a stock line just to get this connection, but the lines stick out of it at a weird angle. Any help would of course be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    As for the A/C once I had it all bolted up I ended up very carefully bending the lines slightly to get everything where I liked it. As I recall I did this before I put the Kooks headers on.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need the 90 degree fitting to get the most clearance to the Kooks headers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    If you purchased the AC option that comes with the GTM kit, the hoses in the kit should have the AC compressor manifold assy that works with the Kooks headers...similar to the 2nd photo that Roger posted above. We normally fabricate a heat shield to put between the AC compressor/manifold and the headers and use the bolt that holds the AC manifold onto the compressor to also hold the heat shield in place.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, after research, i have concluded that the crankcase air must have entered threw a port in the factory valve cover, which I no longer have. So, I am drilling the aluminum oil fill cap and installing a small air filter I bought on ebay for $4.

As for the AC plumbing question, Thanks to Roger Reid I have found a manifold like he pictured above at Hawk Third Gen that should work. Their part number is AA2593 $49.95

Thanks to all that responded!