BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Projects on the table....

Post Thanks / Like

Projects on the table....

So one of the threads in the 818 forum got me thinking about how the guys on this site seem to be mostly builders. Some have bought and not built and there is nothing wrong with that. But builders seem to get board after the car is done and start itching for something else to do.

If that describes you what projects do you have lined up after your current build is done?

Here are my projects as I already have them laid out.

#1 - Hot Rod; In progress and would like to have it out and tagged by the end of this summer. (sans paint)

#2 - 23 Model-T; Left to me by my dad and is in parts in his shop still.

#3 - 1996 GMC Bus; Again left to me by my dad and was being converted to an RV until his health stopped him.

Number two will probably have a low compression 350 with a 6-71 blower on it. But I have also thought about getting one of the Ford V-10 motors for it just because you never see it.

Number three might be replaced on the list though. My wife is not too keen on me bringing the bus home to work on it. I just might be able to talk her into selling the bus to fund a GTM project. I might also want to go wild and pull the motor from the bus and put it into the T-Bucket. Nothing like having a blown 576ci six cylinder motor in a T-bucket. lol. Fairly sure I would not be able to see around the motor...
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    My son has ideas, or may a 50 something station wagon. Thinking Art Morrison parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    "next" might be a little premature, but I'd like to look at SL-C or GT40 replica (again). But only if I can keep the HR. No more selling one to fund the next for me, I'm always regretting it!

I've done some 60's station wagons before, but next my wife (for her) wants a 56 nomad and a 356 replica "for fun".
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky you to have three projects in the hopper. I have nothing but ideas at this point. If I wasn't so busy with other family stuff, I would really be bored! My potential projects are, in no particular order:
    A mid 50's Ford F100 for my wife
    A 60's Bronco or 80's Jeep
    A 1951 Mercury Eight Convertible or "Lead Sled"
    A 1967 Mustang
    An early 60's Corvette for my wife
    A GTM
    A Daytona Coupe
    Another Roadster for my wife, built to her specs.

Lots of ideas, no final decisions yet. I have some home upgrades to work on for a while. (Honey Do's!) I am also sort of hoping FFR will come out with something new and different that I can be one of the first to build. Perhaps I will wait until the 30th Anniversary model of something. (Sorry, but I'm not a fan of the new FFR truck.)
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently working a major renovation on my house in Pensacola WHILE building the roadster, does that count?

Next up, 1970 FJ40 Landcruiser.
    Not sure the order next,
    1956 Willys Wagon
    1961 MGA 1500
    Vintage Schwinn Corvette bicycle

Help my brother on his 1984 FJ60 Landcruiser.

Will likely sell the 1958 Austin Healey 100-6 to help fund the Cobra and other projects.

Given I have been infected with the old car/motorcycle bug, and I get all dizzy and light headed around rust, there will likely be some other two or four wheeled orphan show up unannounced in my driveway prior to finishing the list.

And then there is the sailboat bouncing around in the back of my brain too.....

Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of cool cars I want to own - like the 350R base model (no A/C, no radio, no nothing) that I have on order right now - but most of those are just buy-it-and-drive-it propositions.

On the future project front once I finish my '65 Mustang vintage race car, I'd like to do the following.......

A 1,000 hp early 60's Ford Country Squire wagon - wimbledon white, red interior, fake wood on the side, and a forced-induction Coyote under the hood. Airbag suspension, big brakes, A/C, a good stereo, and nice wheels / tires will round out the perfect package to do a cross-country Route 66 trip in someday.

A '35 or '36 Ford pick up to use as a parts hauler and general bump around town in retirement truck.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Do previous incomplete projects count?

1) my former track car, 2001 Impreza RS - installed turbo engine and megasquirt, never quite finished it
    2) current MKIV Roadster
    3) Vans RV-10 - this has been the plan for the "next project" after the roadster since well before it was purchased.
    4) the new 35 truck sure is tempting, but my son is petitioning for us to build a jeep
    5) eventually said son will need a vehicle, I like the idea of building his car or truck with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    For my next project, I am thinking of doing a truck for my wife as well. She likes the old 50s era trucks with a nice dark wood bed. I'm into that too, so I am looking forward to the project. It will be an automatic and nothing too crazy power wise but I will want to put a more modern suspension and brakes under it for her.

For me though, I am looking forward to going on adventures with the car I build. Off the top of my head in no particular order:

Pikes Peak
    Mt. Evans (Highest road in America)
    Hot Rod Power Tour
    Kenosha and Independence Pass into Aspen CO when the leaves on the trees or changing (Unreal beauty, feels like driving in a dream)
    Rt. 66
    Moab/Canyon Lands
    Mazda Raceway Laguna Secca
    Watkins Glenn
    Pacific Coast Highway from outside Seattle down to LA and the Huntington Beach Show
    SCCA Solo AutoX Nationals
    VIR
    Daytona
    Seebring
    Road America
    Circuit of the Americas
    Salt flats at over 165mph