Prototype 6R80 trans mount. When I pull the motor out (hopefully next week), I will cut off the FFR trans mounts from the frame. Then I’ll set motor back in, get the angle right and trim the long edge of the crossmember, leaving some as a gusset.

After I see how it goes in again, I may weld the crossbmember in then cut out the center and leave tabs on the frame. Then make another plate that is a removable crossmember. I don’t think it’ll be necessary though, since the mount is on the back of the trans case instead of bottom. The flange will have to be up and above the crossmember when going in before it reaches it anyway. Once I’m sure of that, I’ll decide weather to make the crossmember removable or not. Worst case, I cut it out later, remake it to mount from the bottom and use spacers to her back up to right angle.

This is the back

Front. The two empty holes is where it bolts to the trans. The line is just a reference. I’ll trim off even with bottom of frame tubing once I know exactly wheee it has to go to get angle correct.

For those interested who didn’t see in build thread, the 6R80 goes in with no problems. The back of the pan sits on the frame mounts from FFR. The angle like that isn’t quite enough (just shy of 2*). But nothing else is in the way.