FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 12 Hrs of Sebring

Post Thanks / Like

12 Hrs of Sebring

Evening fellas,

I was fortunate enough to spend some time last last weekend at the 12 Hrs of Sebring race. It was my first time at this event, and I tell you what, it was awesome. From the vendors, to the spectators, to the super deep throaty exhaust of the 2 Corvette Race Team cars. I met up with some college ROTC buddies I hadn't seen in 15+ years and it was a total blast. I had another work buddy with a nice camera snap the below pics and edit them up for me, so I take no credit, but wanted to share here among like minded enthusiasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a great experience. I have a friend in Tampa, we are talking about renting an RV with a few guys and going to a Daytona 24h race.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to maybe give you some inspiration...get your GTM done and you will have 90% of the experience of driving one of those GT cars at a fraction of the cost! On a track, of course.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Looks like a great experience. I have a friend in Tampa, we are talking about renting an RV with a few guys and going to a Daytona 24h race.
    We were kicking around the idea of doing something similar this year, but settled on the 12 hr of Sebring. Maybe next year we will hit up Daytona.

I remember my college days in Daytona, we would spend as much time watching racing as we could, between chasing tail on the beach

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Just to maybe give you some inspiration...get your GTM done and you will have 90% of the experience of driving one of those GT cars at a fraction of the cost! On a track, of course.
    That's what I'm looking forward to. Not that I needed any motivation to work on the car, but being at this race surely helped drive it home. BTW I did run into this finished GTM at the race. SN: 180 Gen 1, 2008 on the data plate.