FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Spring perches are out.. which coilovers?

Post Thanks / Like

Spring perches are out.. which coilovers?

I purchased a base kit expecting to use a SN95 as a donor. I've sold the mustang and have moved on. The kit came with spring perches for the mustang springs but after reading and getting a good look at them, I'm moving on to coilovers.

I've read different posts about which coilovers to get, but I can't seem to get a detailed comparison. What makes QA1s better or worse than Konis?

Other than these two, what else is out there?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced my konis with qa1 shocks. My konis were adjustable(?) if you removed them and disassembled the upper spring retainer. With the qa1 shocks, the adjustments for compression & rebound are external and are easily accessible from outside the shock and are separately adjustable. Mine have about 15 settings for each. Compare that to the procedure for adjusting the konis and don't forget to rescale your car! No comparison really.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the DA QA1s and really like them. I like that I can switch from street settings to autocross settings in < 5 minutes. But I see that the FFR Konis are significantly less expensive. I don't care for the 350 springs FFR usually supplies preferring 250s so, if you go this route see if they can ship 250s or delete them so you can order from Summit.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Are there any other options, or are these the only ones that fit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe VPM makes a set too. BTW you’ll also get to get rid of the limiting straps too!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any brand w/ 1/2 inch rod end mounts will work if the right length. Rears are something like 17 in extended and 12 in compressed eye to eye.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.