Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 Rear Fenders

Post Thanks / Like

33 Rear Fenders

Just starting this project.
    I bought a kit partially assembled, it came with the full fender kit and I am not sure that is the way I want to go. I am looking for some different style rear fenders. Anybody out there have any recommendations and companies that make rear fenders that are adaptable?
    Thanks for your help.
    Sean

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    The full fenders look cool but if you want a more traditional hot rod look (the bobber look) simply cut and shape the existing rear fenders to suite your likes. If you want to run fronts buy the front bike fenders & mounting brackets. You have a blank canvas to work with so cut and shape to make it you're own. Look at sites like Pinterest for hot rod fenders and that should give you some ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go check the classifieds section on the forum, I think there have been several people looking to sell theirs.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the tips I will be looking

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hackzall with an abrasive blade can fix a lot of aesthetics...

IMG_20180303_143416_451 (361x640).jpgIMG_20180303_144327_945 (361x640).jpgIMG_20180318_124055_843 (361x640).jpgIMG_20180325_174748_316 (361x640).jpg

The Bobbed fenders are available from somebody, but I have forgotten who. Not sure if other 33 glass is usable.

Show us what you decide to do!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks pretty good, I like it. You wouldn't happen to have a side view pic too? I am pretty sure I will be hacking to get the look I want. Thanks for the pictures they helped a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would highly recommend that you know exactly what rim and tires you will have before you decide to cut anything. I just went through a whole process of this and my wheel supplier was nice enough to bring in a pair of rims (back and front) of which I thought would work with the car but last night we found out that they don't unless I add spacers which i was not expecting especially with only a 15mm offset (now need a 20mm spacer). Regardless, my advice to you is before you finalize trimming or even deciding on the wheels, see if you can try them on the car first. as well, I also found out i could have wider tires than i thought but that's OK as what i will have is 295's in the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to run big tires you'll need to cut quite a bit off the rear fenders. I can fit 30" tires and not rub on full compression but there's not much lip left.

IMG_0838.JPG

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
    That looks pretty good, I like it. You wouldn't happen to have a side view pic too? I am pretty sure I will be hacking to get the look I want. Thanks for the pictures they helped a lot.
    The caveat is I have 2 sets of fenders. The "street" set I did minor trimming on before I cut this set for the Hoosiers. The first 2 pics are the street fenders trimmed to follow the body curve and make the wheel look centered. The next 2 are being widened about 2" for the 14" wide 345/18 A7's. My street tires are 295/40/18 Hankooks. I could go 305 without mods, but at 315 all things must be correct. Backspace, Diameter, and travel. Some guys are moving differential back. Its easier to trim the fender until you need that last 1/2" in the center. When I get further along I'll post more in my build.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a nice set of bobbed fenders, rear only

Trunk-8 copy.jpgTrunk-8 copy.jpgTrunk-9.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wrp; 04-01-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    wrp, nice looking fenders!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp View Post
    I have a nice set of bobbed fenders, rear only

Trunk-8 copy.jpgTrunk-8 copy.jpgTrunk-9.jpg
    Did you make those or purchase. Very nice.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are very nice, what size tires and wheels are you running, did you build those or did you buy them???

Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
    Those are very nice, what size tires and wheels are you running, did you build those or did you buy them???

Sean

I love those fenders! Just wish I could order the HR kit and get a set for myself.

Those fenders are available from McQueen Prototype Design as a full kit (front and rear).

Found the link https://www.mpdfiberbodywerx.com/factory-five.php

Post Thanks / Like
    285x40x17 on 11 inch rims with 6.5 backspace. They were on the car when I got them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    I will check them out